• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Slab Suggestions Needed

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. 

I used to collect from this era as a kid and recently decided to start preparing to get rid of them. I could use a bit of advice on what might be worth slabbing. I know there are high numbers of copies for a lot of these books, looking at ebay and mycomicshop have been somewhat instructive on where prices are for key issues but in some cases there seem to be gaps* and given I have more than a few things signed from going to conventions around that time I could use some input. Below is an excel I started to put together (ignore the template/formatting):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpacyombmo3d1b6/Comic Inventory List.xlsx?dl=0

I should also note I haven't added a run of Wizard Magazine early issues (6-30-ish) from that era kept NM & bagged. 

*Meaning mycomicshop will either list out-of-stock or VF but no NM or ebay will not have any listings showing (past or present).

Edited by Pixx_L

On November 18, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Pixx_L said:

*Meaning mycomicshop will either list out-of-stock or VF but no NM or ebay will not have any listings showing (past or present).

Mycomicshop can be a good general point of reference, especially for titles where you aren't too familiar with what might currently be a standout issue. If you find issues out of stock on MCS, they have a great "sell my comics" feature that will show you their buy prices for books they currently need. Not all issues will have prices if they are overstocked (then it will show you an approximate wait time, but no prices), but if they are out of stock, they'll definitely have buy prices listed, so I use that as an alternate gauge. Of course their buy prices will be low and in rare instances their buy prices are criminally low, but I would say overall they do value keys and breakout issues above the huddled masses, so it's another helpful tool for you. (thumbsu

13 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Mycomicshop can be a good general point of reference..

Thanks. I ended up getting some input from other sources after the lack of response here and found out about mycomicshop as well as gocollect. Both fine sources to get an idea of what's moving and for how much.