• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Profiles in History Auction - Superman Items

8 posts in this topic

I don't think I saw this posted (maybe in OA forum but there are other items besides OA in the auction).   Some nice and interesting items.  Profiles in History is pretty well known.  They actually had their own TV show a few years ago.  Just wanted to share in case anyone was interested in looking and/or bidding.  Lots of movie props from all eras of Supes, toys, OA, Their website link to this auction is https://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/superman-the-auction/ 

Some example items - 

Action Comics #1 Unrestored CGC Conserved Grade 7.0

H3257-L131142395.jpg

Superman Returns prop comic book signed by Brandon Routh, Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth and many more.

H3257-L131141077.jpg

Joe Shuster Studio original artwork for page 7 of an unpublished Golden Age "Superman" comic book

H3257-L131142348.jpg

Superman: The Movie full unopened case of Series 2 Topps trading cards.

H3257-L131141603.jpg

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Cool stuff ! (minus the Kevin Spacey autograph)  They always have the coolest stuff btw   WOnder why someone is auctioning off an AC 1 with them

Spacey’s not dead but he’s probably the next best thing in terms of not being able to get an autograph now. Super, super underground is Mr. Spacey.

12 minutes ago, Filter81 said:

I missed this the first time through.  Is there any way to see what the Action 1 or what some of those unpublished Luthor / Superman pages sold for?  

The Action 1 is up on link

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DACTION%2BCOMICS%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1230333

Don't know if it sold at that Auction

10 hours ago, woowoo said:

Given the opening bid was 700k+ and a nicer 8.0 conserved struggled to realize 60% of that price I’m guessing it didn’t sell

also, knowing the market only valued the 8.0 in the mid 4s, I wonder what makes the consignor think this lower grade copy is worth 50%