• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Reduced-Couple of Highly Desirable Graded Comics Check It Out (Detective 38, Silver Streak 7)
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Before putting these on eBay I thought I would try on the boards here.  Rules are fairly simple.  :takeit: in the thread trumps any and all negotiations that are taking place behind the scenes.  I must have the item marked as sold before a PM deal is considered finalized and do not expect payment to be sent until it is marked sold.  I know there's a lot of people who will prefer to remain anonymous on books like these, but I don't want any confusion if someone should claim in the thread.  

Now with that all said, standard rules apply.  Probation List and Hall of Shame people need not bother.  Graded books are what they are so there will be no refunds/exchanges etc.  Payment plan possibly available if you have the right references and you agree to the terms I lay out.  If interested in possibly doing a payment plan then by all means message me.  I've done payment plans in the past on the boards and so far no one has missed a payment.  Shipping inside the US included in the sale price.  Outside the US I'll deduct the cost it would've been to ship inside the states and you pay the difference.  Paypal preferred for payment, but check or money order a possibility, shipment will wait until checks/money orders have cleared.  Now without further ado, let's see some books.

Edited by comicalgems
Price Change

Detective Comics 38 CGC 6.0 Restored (label 0995480008).  Here it is, the first appearance of Robin, The Boy Wonder.  In my mind I think this is probably the third most desired Batman book and the second most desired Detective Comics.  It is a definite investment piece to hold onto as the value will only climb.  Restoration is moderate professional work.  The book looks amazing!  The restoration on it can be removed by a professional if it bothers you to own a restored book.  

Price $19,000 $17,500 Rock Bottom Price $16,000 via Paypal $15,500 via check/money order/cash when picking up (non-fee involved payment)

Tec38.jpg

Tec38B.jpg

Edited by comicalgems

9 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

There’s a restored 4.5 on comic link right now bid up to $20,000.  I will need to re-evaluate my price.

Bidding is certainly influenced by hopes of a return to universal with some resto removal. I'm guessing final bid will be much higher.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Bidding is influenced by hopes of a return to universal with some resto removal.

Optimistic view - as a buyer I also now worry about shill bidding which according to some is far more prevalent than even my suspicious inner voice thinks.