• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Texas Comic Book Show, February 10-11, Starlin, Secret Wars Reunion
2 2

62 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Two new adds: a rare and special appearance by AL MILGROM and GIGI EDGLEY. So, @mysterio are we going to get you off the couch and into Dallas? I think we've hit a pretty good number of your requested artists plus some.

lol  You have put together a killer list. I'll just have to see if I am free to travel that weekend!

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I've never done this before... Will it be possible to get Shooter, Zeck, and Beatty all to sign  2 books that I have and still have it witnessed? I assume they'll all be in the same area but I'd guess that you have to stand in lines for each artist, which would mean you'd have to take the book away from witnesses..? I haven't ever had multiple people sign books so I'm curious. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, iggykoopa said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I've never done this before... Will it be possible to get Shooter, Zeck, and Beatty all to sign  2 books that I have and still have it witnessed? I assume they'll all be in the same area but I'd guess that you have to stand in lines for each artist, which would mean you'd have to take the book away from witnesses..? I haven't ever had multiple people sign books so I'm curious. Thanks.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:54 AM, Dork Buzz said:

We are happy to provide CGC services for this event. Feel free to contact us on the boards or send an email to bradd@dorkbuzz.com for information. 

send an email to the part in bold.... you should get some details there :) 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 1/19/2018 at 8:37 AM, iggykoopa said:

On 1/10/2018 at 7:54 AM, Dork Buzz said:

We are happy to provide CGC services for this event. Feel free to contact us on the boards or send an email to bradd@dorkbuzz.com for information. 

send an email to the part in bold.... you should get some details there :) 

Please post the answer here. I’m seriously considering making the trip and would like to know. There can sometimes be a difference between giving your books to a facilitator and getting that person to witness you getting your own books signed to submit for SS. I’d prefer the latter if I get a choice. 

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Please post the answer here. I’m seriously considering making the trip and would like to know. There can sometimes be a difference between giving your books to a facilitator and getting that person to witness you getting your own books signed to submit for SS. I’d prefer the latter if I get a choice. 

CGC witness won't be a problem with dorkbuzz and celestial....

3 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Options.

I haven't had any issues. Nice to have multiple CGC witnesses versus none like previous.

That is definitely true. Options are good to have. Happy to explain my choice via PM if curious. 

Edited by mysterio

Dork Buzz will be there to handle your CGC needs. 

We will be located at booths 411 & 510.

$11 witness fee per book. 

$10 fee to crack books from slabs. 

Submit under your own account or ours. 

PM us here or send an email to: bradd@dorkbuzz.com for more information. 

1 hour ago, Dork Buzz said:

Dork Buzz will be there to handle your CGC needs. 

We will be located at booths 411 & 510.

$11 witness fee per book. 

$10 fee to crack books from slabs. 

Submit under your own account or ours. 

PM us here or send an email to: bradd@dorkbuzz.com for more information. 

Good to know! Just to clarify, so I can plan accordingly, if I’m present at the show and handling my own books and you’re simply witnessing is it still $11 per book, or is that fee just for mail in/drop off submissions that are more labor intensive for you?

Same question for cracking. If I crack my own in your presence do I still pay the cracking fee?

Edited by mysterio

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Good to know! Just to clarify, so I can plan accordingly, if I’m present at the show and handling my own books and you’re simply witnessing is it still $11 per book, or is that fee just for mail in/drop off submissions that are more labor intensive for you?

Same question for cracking. If I crack my own in your presence do I still pay the cracking fee?

Correct, $11 per book  that we witness. 

$5 for us to witness you opening a yellow label slab. Bring your own tools. 

$10 for us to crack open a slab. 

no charge for you to crack open a blue label slab. 

On 1/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, ComicBooksDallas said:

Two new adds: a rare and special appearance by AL MILGROM and GIGI EDGLEY. So, @mysterio are we going to get you off the couch and into Dallas? I think we've hit a pretty good number of your requested artists plus some.

The lineup is worth a trip from almost everywhere for comic fans. General admission is just $20, kids 11 and under are FREE, and you can tack on early bird entry for a few dollars more. We'll have two fan experience dinners, one with our comic guests and the other with Gigi Edgley. If you can't make a weekend out of this....

CGC will be represented by DorkBuzz.

North Texas Comic Book Show Feb 10-11 at the Irving Convention Center. These guys have stepped up their game in the last year. Artists announced so far are:

Jim Starlin

Al Milgrom

Mike Zeck

John Beatty

Jim Shooter

Ron Wilson

Rags Morales

Joe Rubinstein

Larry Hama

Randy Emberlin

Phil Ortiz

Michael Golden

Tom Cook

Dan Fraga

Kevin Conrad

Andrew Mangum

Info at https://www.comicbooksdallas.com/

CGC Witness at this show.

I wish this was not the week before Planet!!  That list is awesome!!!!  @mysterio are you going?

9 hours ago, SSkufan said:

I wish this was not the week before Planet!!  That list is awesome!!!!  @mysterio are you going?

I'm very seriously considering it. Very seriously. Barring weather or something else unforeseen I think so. If I can help you out with anything shoot me a PM.

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

I'm very seriously considering it. Very seriously. Barring weather or something else unforeseen I think so. If I can help you out with anything shoot me a PM.

Yeah I am VERY TEMPTED with that lineup.  I might do that!!!

Panel schedule is now live at www.comicbooksdallas.com. Two Jim Shooter panels, Secret Wars panel, and Two Jims (Shooter interviews Starlin) are highlights.

We still have some availabilty for the fan experience dinner with artists/creators on Saturday night. 

Limited edition t-shirts designed by Randy Emberlin & Don Wallace available at the event.

tshirtpost.PNG