• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've a Golden Age case that is split apart along the entire top & bottom side edge's where the two halves should be sealed together. I don't see any damage to the corner posts. but the gaps are very obvious

6 posts in this topic

I've a Golden Age case that is split apart along the entire top & bottom side edge's where the two halves should be sealed together. I don't see any damage to the corner posts(seem unbroken). However I'm not an expert, but the gaps are very obvious (approx.1.5 to 2.5 mm.) The top & bottom side edge corner's have a slight 1 mm gap which isn't present on other 2017 cases of the same make.  Is this proof of case tampering, a faulty case, no longer has a verified grade or other? 

Many of my older slabs have gaps along the edges. The edges of the outer well are not meant to be sealed. If the corner posts are intact, the slab is probably fine. You might want to make sure the slab isn't warped, though. A badly-warped slab could damage a comic.

27 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Many of my older slabs have gaps along the edges. The edges of the outer well are not meant to be sealed. If the corner posts are intact, the slab is probably fine. You might want to make sure the slab isn't warped, though. A badly-warped slab could damage a comic.

Right, so we probably need to look at photos to be able to offer informed opinions.