• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tarzan 247 DC

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking of having this CGC'd. What grade would you guys estimate this as? It has white pages and the back is like the front. Thank you so much for any help in advance :) I know it's not worth much at all but this issue would have sentimental aspects to it should you think it has a high grade!

Tarz_247_WP (1).jpg

On 11/20/2017 at 9:43 AM, Ghazi said:

I am thinking of having this CGC'd. What grade would you guys estimate this as? It has white pages and the back is like the front. Thank you so much for any help in advance :) I know it's not worth much at all but this issue would have sentimental aspects to it should you think it has a high grade!

Front looks great. Can you post a scan of the back too?

Hi Point Five sorry I don't have a scan of the back as I am looking to buy this. The place who sells these have sold me in the past and usually the reverse is just as good as the front! If the reverse were the same what do you think? Thanks for your help :) 

6 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Hi Point Five sorry I don't have a scan of the back as I am looking to buy this. The place who sells these have sold me in the past and usually the reverse is just as good as the front! If the reverse were the same what do you think? Thanks for your help :) 

If the back is completely clean and tight -- remember that even a gentle crease or small discreet stain on the back would drop the book several grades -- I'd guess 9.2 to 9.4.

You mentioned sentimental value, so I can't see why you wouldn't buy the book. But if you plan to slab and you won't be satisfied with a grade that doesn't have a 9 in front of it, you'll want to scrutinize it carefully first. (Personally I would just leave it in Mylar and enjoy.)

11 hours ago, Point Five said:

If the back is completely clean and tight -- remember that even a gentle crease or small discreet stain on the back would drop the book several grades -- I'd guess 9.2 to 9.4.

You mentioned sentimental value, so I can't see why you wouldn't buy the book. But if you plan to slab and you won't be satisfied with a grade that doesn't have a 9 in front of it, you'll want to scrutinize it carefully first. (Personally I would just leave it in Mylar and enjoy.)

Thank you so much for the input, I was thinking of pulling the trigger, but ideally I am going to wait as you are right it could be lower and really was looking at 9.6ish...crazy I know I need a crummy 9.6 at least :) On second thoughts the misaligned spine has always been a no no and was temporarily blinded by it being cheaper but I don't think it would get 9.6 anyway now that you say 9.2-9.4. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Ghazi said:

Thank you so much for the input, I was thinking of pulling the trigger, but ideally I am going to wait as you are right it could be lower and really was looking at 9.6ish...crazy I know I need a crummy 9.6 at least :) On second thoughts the misaligned spine has always been a no no and was temporarily blinded by it being cheaper but I don't think it would get 9.6 anyway now that you say 9.2-9.4. Thanks again!

Aha, I see the book now on a dealer site. I thought this was a copy at a local comic shop or something.

The dealer calls it NM/NM+, and I think their grading is generally solid. At that low price point, and factoring in the sentimental value, if I were you I would probably get it as you might regret letting it go if you can't find a better one? (shrug) But the miswrap issue though, fair enough and everyone has their preferences.

7 hours ago, Point Five said:

Aha, I see the book now on a dealer site. I thought this was a copy at a local comic shop or something.

The dealer calls it NM/NM+, and I think their grading is generally solid. At that low price point, and factoring in the sentimental value, if I were you I would probably get it as you might regret letting it go if you can't find a better one? (shrug) But the miswrap issue though, fair enough and everyone has their preferences.

Thanks again Point Five! Yeah for some reason I really struggle with miswraps to the point that I would even take a 9.6 or possibly a 9.4 over a 9.8 mis-wrap! Take care and thanks for verifying the grade for me :)