• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal's Thread
2 2

133 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Wow.What the hell was with that Manson thing?This is getting far out weird.

The PERFECT Analogy for the theme of my post; one SANE poster asked a very neutral question re: right v. wrongdoing, and it is INSANE of

me expecting the answer to magically appear on this Forum.

In regular-speak: if the shoe fits, wear it proudly. Don't be proud for no reason....

CAL who still suffers no fools, even on Turkey days....

Edited by Calamerica
typos, still waiting on new keyboard....

Just now, Calamerica said:

The PERFECT Analogy for the theme of my post; one SANE poster asked a very neutral question re: right v. wrongdoing, and it is INSANE of

me expecting the answer to magically appear on this Forum.

In regular-speak: if the shoe fits, wear it proudly. Don't be pruod for no reason....

CAL who still suffers no fools, even on Turkey days....

Cal, if you 'suffer no fools', how do you live with yourself? 

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Cal, if you 'suffer no fools', how do you live with yourself? 

The "Sacrificial Lamb" concept: all in the furtherence of the goals in life. I suffer, but as long as I can do what I do( and do well), some suffering is expected. Putting things in place is my specialty. But truth  be told, I don't suffer myself that much. I tolerate myself FAR MORE than the clueless in the real worlds out there. I have to be very careful what I post as the Mods have me on a short leash. I need to at least LOOK like I am behaving until I can get that settlement with one of my arch enemies( Yes, THAT Arch may be considered an Arch Enemy or at least I think he would admit he does not like me) which I feel is pending soon....

CAL who really does not suffer Newbie fools....:sumo: 

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Cal, has anyone ever told you that you talk complete and utter sheite? Just on the off chance that they haven't, Cal, you talk complete and utter sheite.  

Disagree. I am NOT that hard to understand. But you are a Newbie. That explains a lot.

CAL still walking the high-wire....

1 hour ago, Calamerica said:

Disagree. I am NOT that hard to understand. But you are a Newbie. That explains a lot.

CAL still walking the high-wire....

Cal, I can appreciate that you're a different cat and not vanilla puddin' but do you really think you handled this last situation properly?  Wouldn't a polite email to the buyer and then a reasonable post here if you didn't get a satisfactory response make more sense than coming here, guns a blazing and posting personal information?  

37 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Cal, I can appreciate that you're a different cat and not vanilla puddin' but do you really think you handled this last situation properly?  Wouldn't a polite email to the buyer and then a reasonable post here if you didn't get a satisfactory response make more sense than coming here, guns a blazing and posting personal information?  

What would you say if I told you:

1) I emailed the "cat" and asked him " Why R U buying my stuff? I can't grade, I'm a blowhard,  etc. What's the deal?" and he never responded. That was the first day.

2) He buys the 2nd day, and I had some RARE Strange Tales auctions that bidders wanted, still no response, so I HAD to block him as I had 28 left to go that day....I could not take the chance that he would run up $1,000 of stuff and NOT pay, which has happened to me from CGCers THREE times as well as the Negative Feedbacks...

3) I get his contact info days later and he does not pick up the phone;

4) All I see on THIS Forum is how I somehow have shill bidders despite auctions going off with two or one minute to go for all of them( how can one set that up? Tell me so I CAN make more $$$$) started by the "cat" in question;

5) I sell the SAME items all the time. I have BOXES of ASM 58, IMSM 1, What If 1, X-men 96, Beatles Dell 1,....

6) This "cat" starts the thread about that What If 1 w/ stock photo, and YOU can check that feedback - see for yourself what Feedback I did receive;

7) This "cat" received the books from me Nov 20. No word, yet;

8) This SAME scenario of getting Negatives slammed on me has happened to me TWICE before because of CGC members;

9) and while we are "at it" Not ONE person has come forward to say that slamming another Forumite's eBay is wrong, but CAL is wrong for posting "personal info" but when OTHERS post MY personal info, no one says anything?

10) What do YOU think of my "settlement " proposition???

CAL gotta run...:juggle:

Edited by Calamerica

3 hours ago, Calamerica said:

What would you say if I told you:

1) I emailed the "cat" and asked him " Why R U buying my stuff? I can't grade, I'm a blowhard,  etc. What's the deal?" and he never responded. That was the first day.

2) He buys the 2nd day, and I had some RARE Strange Tales auctions that bidders wanted, still no response, so I HAD to block him as I had 28 left to go that day....I could not take the chance that he would run up $1,000 of stuff and NOT pay, which has happened to me from CGCers THREE times as well as the Negative Feedbacks...

3) I get his contact info days later and he does not pick up the phone;

4) All I see on THIS Forum is how I somehow have shill bidders despite auctions going off with two or one minute to go for all of them( how can one set that up? Tell me so I CAN make more $$$$) started by the "cat" in question;

5) I sell the SAME items all the time. I have BOXES of ASM 58, IMSM 1, What If 1, X-men 96, Beatles Dell 1,....

6) This "cat" starts the thread about that What If 1 w/ stock photo, and YOU can check that feedback - see for yourself what Feedback I did receive;

7) This "cat" received the books from me Nov 20. No word, yet;

8) This SAME scenario of getting Negatives slammed on me has happened to me TWICE before because of CGC members;

9) and while we are "at it" Not ONE person has come forward to say that slamming another Forumite's eBay is wrong, but CAL is wrong for posting "personal info" but when OTHERS post MY personal info, no one says anything?

10) What do YOU think of my "settlement " proposition???

CAL gotta run...:juggle:

Messing with someone's eBay account/livelihood is wrong. 

1 hour ago, rebelpk said:

Obviously... So does that technically mean he'd have two VP's? IM and SM?

Caltopia is an empire that will exist both on land and under the oceans.

So, he'll need two appropriately-qualified deputies.

To the best of my knowledge, anyway, Cal himself isn't amphibious.

Edited by Ken Aldred

14 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Messing with someone's eBay account/livelihood is wrong. 

Thanx a zillion!

CAL who is glad that there are a FEW Select people in this world that has what it takes....

On 11/21/2017 at 1:33 AM, Marwood & I said:

I broke my own preemptive strike rule in Cal's thread yesterday and didn't feel good about it afterwards if I'm honest. The trouble with his posts is, like Stu's, they are so cloaked in rancour, aggression and a general lack of class that any decent points within them are lost. 

There was actually a reasonable question hiding in all the dross, which didn't get answered before the thread was pulled. If Cal had simply posted the question "why, Timmay, did you buy three of my ebay lots if you have stated publicly on the boards that I am a poor grader / unreputable?" he may have kept his thread alive long enough to get the answer. But instead he posted personal details, threatened legal action and offered out Transplant for a fight. His responses to my gentle digs were humour / wit free.

So you have to question whether we are dealing with someone who is the full shilling. The tag on this thread is 'loon'. If he is a loon in the medical sense, what does that make us for entertaining / baiting him?

I see he is still logging in, but has likely been served a temporary ban as he's not posting. What more does one have to do to get a full ban from these boards? Surely it would be in everyone's interests, including Cal's, for the relationship to end now?

general lack of class that any decent points within them are lost.

I have enough class that has carried me to this station of life so far; if you can see anything meaningful in Stu's "similar"posts/style you just don't WANT to see the same in mine. When the one CEO calls for raising the minimum wage he is a hero, but when the OTHER CEO does it he is a profiteer. You've been called out. 

he may have kept his thread alive long enough to get the answer

There was PLENTY of time for that Q to be answered; especially since he started ANOTHER Thread with MY personal details re: eBay while the thread YOU bring up here was still on fire( Flame War). I had to set this record straight. 

offered out Transplant for a fight

I never did such a thing! I am a Senior Citizen in his 60's and would NEVER challenge a man bigger than me and half my age or younger! I am out of shape and haven't been in a slugfest for a few months let alone the Gym. My wife is lucky I take out the trash I am so out-of-synch( but if I didn't she would hit me with a frying pan or the first dangerous object available).  I haven't been thrown out of a bar/club/other establishment in a few months! I promise I am telling the truth! I really wanted to speak to the person and try to see where he is coming from. Get HIS side of the story; see why he "dislikes" me so much. That's all. I CAN be fair.  I'm the nicest person on the planet! Honest!

Going to log off for a while, get some great food. Turkey Day. For the Turkey.  Covfefe. I admit a few of the people are right about a FEW of my not-so-desireable traits yet are still wrong about me overall: I just cannot resist throwing out some stuff, to see what sticks. Sit back and watch the fireworks. I loved the Godfather Poster when it came out in early 1972; a Man holding the puppet strings.

CAL who might stick in the Godfather today and yes I am half Italian but NO they are NOT my relatives....

Edited by Calamerica

31 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

general lack of class that any decent points within them are lost.

I have enough class that has carried me to this station of life so far; if you can see anything meaningful in Stu's "similar"posts/style you just don't WANT to see the same in mine. When the one CEO calls for raising the minimum wage he is a hero, but when the OTHER CEO does it he is a profiteer. You've been called out. 

he may have kept his thread alive long enough to get the answer

There was PLENTY of time for that Q to be answered; especially since he started ANOTHER Thread with MY personal details re: eBay while the thread YOU bring up here was still on fire( Flame War). I had to set this record straight. 

offered out Transplant for a fight

I never did such a thing! I am a Senior Citizen in his 60's and would NEVER challenge a man bigger than me and half my age or younger! I am out of shape and haven't been in a slugfest for a few months let alone the Gym. My wife is lucky I take out the trash I am so out-of-synch( but if I didn't she would hit me with a frying pan or the first dangerous object available).  I haven't been thrown out of a bar/club/other establishment in a few months! I promise I am telling the truth! I really wanted to speak to the person and try to see where he is coming from. Get HIS side of the story; see why he "dislikes" me so much. That's all. I CAN be fair.  I'm the nicest person on the planet! Honest!

Going to log off for a while, get some great food. Turkey Day. For the Turkey.  Covfefe. I admit a few of the people are right about a FEW of my not-so-desireable traits yet are still wrong about me overall: I just cannot resist throwing out some stuff, to see what sticks. Sit back and watch the fireworks. I loved the Godfather Poster when it came out in early 1972; a Man holding the puppet strings.

CAL who might stick in the Godfather today and yes I am half Italian but NO they are NOT my relatives....

Image result for godfather poster