• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Walking Dead #1 First Issue

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! 

So first things first: I'm brand new to this community and I'm not sure to know how things work around here, but I guess a good start would be just to jump right in and ask the questions I have, so here I go! 

I've recently purchased a 2nd print first issue of the Walking Dead, and I can't seem to find any information on its value. I do mean to sell it but to offer it to someone who's got a lot of experience in collecting Walking Dead comics, so I want to be sure I'm offering something that's worth wrapping up and calling a "gift"! hm

Anyone can help on that? 

P.s.: also there's a picture of the comics I bought...any idea on why there's a black band on the side of it? 

53 minutes ago, Joula said:

Hi guys! 

So first things first: I'm brand new to this community and I'm not sure to know how things work around here, but I guess a good start would be just to jump right in and ask the questions I have, so here I go! 

I've recently purchased a 2nd print first issue of the Walking Dead, and I can't seem to find any information on its value. I do mean to sell it but to offer it to someone who's got a lot of experience in collecting Walking Dead comics, so I want to be sure I'm offering something that's worth wrapping up and calling a "gift"! hm

Anyone can help on that? 

P.s.: also there's a picture of the comics I bought...any idea on why there's a black band on the side of it? 

Are you sure that it's a 2nd print and not a 'variant?'  There are a million variants of #1 (and reprints) but not a 2nd print.  Pics would help us answer your questions, too. :) 

31 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Are you sure that it's a 2nd print and not a 'variant?'  There are a million variants of #1 (and reprints) but not a 2nd print.  Pics would help us answer your questions, too. :) 

Hi Sensei! (awesome nickname btw)

You're right, it's written on the description that this is a "1st reprint"...not even sure what that means. I've attached a picture to the original post but just in case I'm putting it again below:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6443e0af911bb2272747be623443d940.jpg

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon !! 

19 hours ago, Joula said:

Hi Sensei! (awesome nickname btw)

You're right, it's written on the description that this is a "1st reprint"...not even sure what that means. I've attached a picture to the original post but just in case I'm putting it again below:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6443e0af911bb2272747be623443d940.jpg

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon !! 

Hey there - thank you for the kudos :)  There are 7 different versions of this reprint (all with different back covers) - can you tell me what is on the back cover (and also what the month/year is printed on the inside cover?  It's either the 3/10, 9/10, 4/11, 12/12, 4/14, 11/15 or 3/17 version.  Sadly, it's probably not too valuable since they retailed for $1 but depending on the variant you have it could be worth a little bit (the 9/10 is the rarest of the 7 and is worth a little something - but nothing crazy).  

I hope this helps :)