• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MAXX Complete 1-3 ASHCAN Set... yes, complete
1 1

16 posts in this topic

THE MAXX ASHCAN SET COMPLETE, 1, 2 & 3 - blue, red, yellow & black

Normal Rules Apply

-Payment made through PayPal.

-Shipping is $12 CONUS for 1 CGC book, $14 for two+, outside please PM for shipping cost.

-Shipping is $6 CONUS for 1-5 raw books, $9 for 6+ books

-PM for negotiations, first :takeit:in thread wins.

-No Returns on CGC Books.

Time to let these go... my silver age Batman collection is growing and need the space.  I believe this is one of the five known complete sets.  There is a massive thread in the Copper Age section that tells all about the rarity of these books.  I’m selling the set as a complete set, I do not want to break them up.  There are two blue labels in this set.  I wanted to send those two back to CGC for green labels, but never got around to it.

I only have the one picture currently, but will add more tomorrow.  Price is $9,500.  I will allow time payments.  I will also accept trades, however, it must be for something I can flip easily.

Aqa4qHZ.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 11:21 PM, bcphillips119 said:

There are two blue labels in this set.  I wanted to send those two back to CGC for green labels, but never got around to it.

Since those 2 blue labels are 8.0 and 6.5, the "writing" on the front or back cover are included in the grade and they do not need a green label - no need to be qualified since the grade is ok with it. I got the blue label on a book signed on the cover that graded 8.0 and got a confirmation with CGC as to why it was not qualified. 

Awesome set. GLWTS!

5 hours ago, woregul said:

Since those 2 blue labels are 8.0 and 6.5, the "writing" on the front or back cover are included in the grade and they do not need a green label - no need to be qualified since the grade is ok with it. I got the blue label on a book signed on the cover that graded 8.0 and got a confirmation with CGC as to why it was not qualified. 

Awesome set. GLWTS!

Correct... I’m OCD though and needed all Green labels.