• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Store Current Comics?

5 posts in this topic

I have a newbie question about current comics. I am buying DC Rebirth comics every Wednesday and currently storing them in poly bags with boards coated on one side. I am using Mylites2 for older books from the 80's. My question is how do current books last versus the older newsprint books. Are the modern glossy magazine books susceptible to the same conditions as newsprint books? Also what about some of the DC books from the 90's and 2000s that are on non glossy paper. This paper seems different from newsprint. I can't see placing every single comic into Mylites but I also want to ensure my $3 current books stay in the best condition possible. Thoughts?

Edited by mhanna885

I think yes, but of cousre i am newbie too and that's why I doubt i can say anything for sure and for this reason i cant help u with that! in fact i can't help myself right now as i'm searching for online pharmacy because of my health issues and again - i can't help myself. sorry for going off topic.

Edited by Alky1976

Mylites are always the best choice for storage.   You will eventually be replacing the polybags anyway (5 years for most collectors, some are more anal and do it more frequently, some say they haven't rebagged for longer periods).  The main thing is to keep your comics in a place that is dark, cool and dry.  If you can do it financially, mylites from the start, which should last a long long time.  If not, rinse and repeat.     

Use a mylite2 once and you are good forever. Use a poly bag and eventually you need to replace it. Labor alone makes that a bad choice.

Always buy mylites and boards in bulk.  Much cheaper per unit.

Edited by shadroch

I have been buying Mylites 2000 at a time as that is the deepest discount they have.

I guess my main question was do current comics with magazine pages still suffer from acid decay the same way newsprint does? Are the effects different or displayed in different ways?