• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Graded X-Men. Which One Do I invest in?
3 3

43 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, World Devourer said:

Hurm. Years ago I met a man and we talked about the readership's inability to focus on the salient points. 

The man told me that he became so frustrated that he wrote the Letters Page of the title he was writing for six months, until readers "took the hint" and began sending letters with intelligent questions and comments.

The title was Fantastic Four, and the man was John Byrne.

lollll

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

lollll

True story. Here's another one:  

Walt Simonson had been working hard to develop and expand the Thor mythos and was at that time dealing with the early 360s, which involved a trip to Hel, the Executioner's sacrifice and the beginning of the "Thunder Frog" storyline.

A not-so clever fan approached him, and Simonson thought he was about to be quizzed as to what happens next in the Thor saga. The fan, however, proceeded to complain about the fact that Simonson had yet to write a Thor vs. Superman fight. Simonson was speechless.