• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2017 auction wins thread

16 posts in this topic

Yeah, we’ve had those since I got here. Prior to 2016 there were monthly threads, but last year we had a full year thread and no issues. Says something about a Marketplace violation so I’m wondering if it was somehow seen as one big ad for Clink auctions. If so, I’m unaware of anyone promoting anything other than wins, no books were pumped up. 

:facepalm:

I would like that thread reinstated... 

There is something in the current run that if I win it would be an interesting story.  

I was looking forward to winning it, JUST TO TELL THE DAMN STORY !!!

Have to agree with the others, please bring back this thread. 

Enjoyed seeing and hearing about all the wins & losses. 

If the thread violated the rules, please provide guidance for the upcoming 2018 version.

-bc

If I were to wager a guess, I'd say folks wee mentioning their own books that were being included in upcoming auctions.....or maybe mentioning that their wins were for sale... (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

46 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

If I were to wager a guess, I'd say folks wee mentioning their own books that were being included in upcoming auctions.....or maybe mentioning that their wins were for sale... (shrug) GOD BLESS...

And, that's why we can't have nice things.  :sorry: 

45 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I can see where that might have crossed a line, especially the bolded part. I didn't see any of that myself, but if folks were doing that then that could get a thread like that deleted. I sell books too, but there is a time and a place...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is a ComicLink advertisement on this CGC page anyway lol that is one of the ads on the CGC boards! Why they canceled the thread is a mystery...

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

I can see where that might have crossed a line, especially the bolded part. I didn't see any of that myself, but if folks were doing that then that could get a thread like that deleted. I sell books too, but there is a time and a place...

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

And, that's why we can't have nice things.  :sorry: 

3 on a match

6 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I still don't see where that warrants a thread delete.  Trim the offending posts, PM the parties involved, and carry on.  Talk about using a cannon to kill a fly. :facepalm:

I agree, I think @Architecht said CLink threads were okay..... and there are advertisements that CGC promotes for it anyway was my point, they should have trimmed the posts (assuming there were any needing erasing) instead of killing the thread, thread deletion should be a last resort. Even then there is usually a "thread deletion" where it used to be, explaining that it was deleted and sometimes why 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM