• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 out of 5 Holy Grails acquired
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I am proud that I have in my hands 3 of my non golden age holy grails. I only collect rare comics so these are extremely rare. The other 2 I want are Pow Biff Pops and Supergear comics.

This is Miracle on Broadway and while it had a 1150 print run, because of how they were distributed, it is probably only in the double digits that exist now.

miracle 001.jpg

It's odd that I've only heard this done with superman, but wasn't there another superman comic that was done for a birthday?

Anyway cool books! My dad recently did the trademark thing and had to prove his items were sold across state lines...

If they only sold 10 to the public, where were they sold? 

6 hours ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

This is Miracle on Broadway and while it had a 1150 print run, because of how they were distributed, it is probably only in the double digits that exist now.

6 hours ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

There were only 100 produced but only 10 became available to the public

Where did you get these numbers?

I'd love to see a clear pic of the Superman comic. 

Looks like I'm staring at it under the water. 

Congrats on finding your personal grails! 

On 11/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, Lazyboy said:

Where did you get these numbers?

For the Broadway Comics, Jim Shooter stated as such.

"Miracle on Broadway is a rare one-shot comic used as a Christmas card for Broadway's clients. Only 1150 of these child-oriented comics were produced. This comic contains the first appearance of the Knights on Broadway and an early appearance of Star Seed. It also contains the first and only appearance of Spire while more adult-oriented characters like Fatale were excluded."   https://www.shooterswork.com/broadway/miracle.htm

For Wings 67, I'm not sure how to classify it.  DC produced it, it wasn't done by a prop studio.  Basically Fake cover art, 4 pages of fake art for the story stuck into Superman #432.   Give that DC ran it in 1987, I'd be shocked if the print run on it was less than 500.  Also, I know several copies were given away by DC editors after shooting was finished and additional copies were not needed.  

I know nothing about Superhombre.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:26 PM, newshane said:

I'd love to see a clear pic of the Superman comic. 

Looks like I'm staring at it under the water. 

Congrats on finding your personal grails! 

D4D2CD94-EE3A-495E-9A48-915F49AF217B.jpeg

BCAF243A-5B00-40FA-B467-4107EE793AAA.jpeg