• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman 135 vs Marvel Preview 2
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Hello forum members,

I am looking to get a Punisher key comic as I got back into the character after watching the Netflix series. I don't have enough for an Amazing Spiderman 129 so I am instead focusing on either Amazing Spiderman 135 (Punisher's full second appearance) or Marvel Preview 2 (origin of the Punisher). Which book do you members think would be the better buy? 

Chris

I'm partial to ASM #135 for nostalgic reasons. When I was a wee lad, I purchased that comic book at our neighbourhood corner store (remember those?). When I asked for a brown paper bag to put the comic book in, the guy behind the cash gave me the evil eye and said in a disgusted tone that the bag is worth more than the comic. Wish i knew where he was now so i can make him eat his brown paper bag!

ASM #135.  I find that the magazine may be a tad hard to find for a good price. Or, it could just be where I have seen it. I always seem to find the mag waaay over priced. And as @porcupine48 said, pick up the ASM Giant Size #4 before it starts to trek upward more.

13 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Hello forum members,

I am looking to get a Punisher key comic as I got back into the character after watching the Netflix series. I don't have enough for an Amazing Spiderman 129 so I am instead focusing on either Amazing Spiderman 135 (Punisher's full second appearance) or Marvel Preview 2 (origin of the Punisher). Which book do you members think would be the better buy? 

Chris

Whichever came first. Which I think would be MP 2

Edited by MGsimba77

When I picked up my copies, back in the 70s, they were equally problematic for me to find, and still equal in status.  I have fond memories of both - MP 2 being important to me as a b/w magazine collector from an early age, ASM 135 as one of the first non-distributed, specially-imported and higher-than-cover-priced colour comics I ever bought; a big UK 35p rather than the newsstand 12p.

I liked The Punisher even that early on, having read ASM 129 in a British reprint annual.

Jimmers' suggestion is a shrewd one, and Punisher m/s 1 is a must-have, as it's the story which really raised his profile and gave him the popularity he still has today,

Edited by Ken Aldred

I would say 135 if I had to choose, as marvel preview 2 has come down in value lately... and has gone up a little. 

I like them both and would get them both. I think MP 2 is rarer in grade above 9's but that's my opinion.