• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman 135 vs Marvel Preview 2
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Buy the new Punisher Omnibus. It comes in the standard oversized slip case has a beautiful hardcover, a lot of extra artwork and posters and reprints pretty much all his early appearances in Amazing Spiderman, MP2, Mini Series as well as DD and Captain America issues. Great buy for anyone who loves the punisher and buys on a budget.

That Giant-Size 4, it seems every time I buy a nice copy, I end up selling it when times get tough. That was one of the first CGC books I bought back in the early days of grading too. The cover just blew me away (still does). I think I've had 2 or 3 9.4's. Just have one raw copy now, but I keep going back to it.

Also, I agree on getting the Punisher Omni. I've got a copy, might go back and get another while they're still available. I would've killed to have all this early Punisher stuff collected in one volume back in the day. Marvel is also notorious for quick print runs on their Omni's as opposed to DC who will keep most of theirs available for years. My Wolverine and Deadpool books, two characters you'd think they'd keep in constant print, are both OOP and worth at least double what I paid now.

8 hours ago, kidcolt said:

Buy the new Punisher Omnibus. It comes in the standard oversized slip case has a beautiful hardcover, a lot of extra artwork and posters and reprints pretty much all his early appearances in Amazing Spiderman, MP2, Mini Series as well as DD and Captain America issues. Great buy for anyone who loves the punisher and buys on a budget.

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like a must have :-)

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

I'm a HUGE Peter Cushing fan. I run a FB group on him and he was the subject of the first biography that I wrote - "In All Sincerity... Peter Cushing". Of course besides comics I collect all things Cushing related :-)

How do you like his Dr. Who movies?  I first saw him in Star Wars, but over past 40 years have seen him in a lot more.

3 hours ago, grebal said:

How do you like his Dr. Who movies?  I first saw him in Star Wars, but over past 40 years have seen him in a lot more.

I'm curious to hear Cushing Fan's response. Speaking as a lifelong Doctor Who fan.... they're dreadful 2c

Almost everything Hammer with Cushing is gold. Also loved him in the brief Sherlock Holmes TV series. The Amicus stuff is like bad, cut-rate Hammer.

5 hours ago, grebal said:

Cushing was playing a sort of eccentric scientist in the Dr. Who films - not even an alien which is why they are considered non-cannon. I find the first Dr. Who film way too slow and rather dreadful but the second was somewhat enjoyable. A third film was planned but the second's profits didn't justify it. Cushing played a very similar character in the Amicus film At The Earth's Core. 

For great Cushing films I would recommend Hammer's Horror of Dracula, Brides of Dracula, Frankenstein Created Woman, Frankenstein Must be Destroyed, Cash on Demand, and Captain Clegg.  Cushing's role in the Amicus film Tales from the Crypt is excellent, and two independent films with great Cushing performances are The Creeping Flesh and Horror Express. 

Of course you cannot mention Cushing without Christopher Lee and three of the films I mentioned feature the two horror stars together - they were perfect foils for each other.

On a related comic book related note - Cushing was supposed to star in Hammer's 1975 film adaptation of Vampirella (Barbara Leigh would have played Vampirella) but Hammer was falling apart by that time.

Edited by Cushing Fan
Update

I should mention that I got the chance to be a guest speaker at two Doctor Who conventions held here on Long Island. I did a presentation on the first one all on Cushing's Who and we screened the two Who films. For the second one I did a presentation all on K-9's greatest episodes ;-)

Off topic as Dr. Who maybe, but I loved Miller's take on the punisher from Daredevil 181-183 and the Amazing spiderman annual he did.  Which came first?  I remember reading the DD's were done but they delayed publication for some reason.

Edited by Knightsofold

On 02/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, Cushing Fan said:

I should mention that I got the chance to be a guest speaker at two Doctor Who conventions held here on Long Island. I did a presentation on the first one all on Cushing's Who and we screened the two Who films. For the second one I did a presentation all on K-9's greatest episodes ;-)

Marvellous board name, marvellous! Welcome Cushing Fan :headbang:

tumblr_oi4qslhswl1ql2w65o7_r1_400.gif.00ee2a7f63b71fbea437373ce0e7573e.gif

And a Whovian too. Splendid! Pop over here when you get 'time'.. I'd love to hear a K9 tail. Sorry, tale. 

I can see I'm going to have to dig out my Whitstable pilgrimage photos soon....

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, Von Cichlid said:

I'm partial to the Marvel Preview 2 but either one would be great.  Actually, my 2nd choice would be a really nice Mini-Series 1 if you don't have that one already.

MP2 is a great mag. His origin story is very well done.

Pun.jpg

On 12/4/2017 at 7:12 AM, Marwood & I said:

Marvellous board name, marvellous! Welcome Cushing Fan :headbang:

tumblr_oi4qslhswl1ql2w65o7_r1_400.gif.00ee2a7f63b71fbea437373ce0e7573e.gif

And a Whovian too. Splendid! Pop over here when you get 'time'.. I'd love to hear a K9 tail. Sorry, tale. 

I can see I'm going to have to dig out my Whitstable pilgrimage photos soon....

Thanks for the link to your Post - I check it out. Here is a real rarity from my collection - a 1950s collector card from a British insurance company featuring Peter Cushing - and he had signed it :-)

IMG_20170920_171731.jpg

IMG_20171205_204315.jpg

On 06/12/2017 at 1:46 AM, Cushing Fan said:

Thanks for the link to your Post - I check it out. Here is a real rarity from my collection - a 1950s collector card from a British insurance company featuring Peter Cushing - and he had signed it :-)

IMG_20170920_171731.jpg

IMG_20171205_204315.jpg

I see.... yes. How marvellous!

(worship)  5a303fe6d7c7f_giphy(13).gif.e649005655d1a1e09f9f7296593e1b09.gif (worship)