• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desert Wind 2018 Convention/Signing schedule
5 5

51 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, dinomike said:

any idea when Kaluta will be signing again?

We plan to see him while in NY during NYCC. If you want something signed by him, you can submit items using the Legends pricing. Email me at chandler@desertwindcomics.com with questions.

On 9/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, MisterDoctor said:

Does anyone have experience sending submissions to celestial comics for the legends tour? Is it safe (books are protected/come back close to or the same grade)? Are shipped back well, timely, etc? Is it reasonably priced?

Thanks

I sent books on each Legends Tour since Fall of 2014. 

8 tours in total, and prepping books to send on Tour 9 this fall.

They took good care of my books: TOS 39 x2, ASM 1, Hulk 1, X-Men 1 x3, Jim 83, Jim 85, and several Hulk 181s. 

You can trust them with the big books, and you can trust them with the small books. 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.  

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, MisterDoctor said:

Does anyone have experience sending submissions to celestial comics for the legends tour? Is it safe (books are protected/come back close to or the same grade)? Are shipped back well, timely, etc? Is it reasonably priced?

Thanks

I have used them for multiple books as well.  they tracked down 15 sigs for me on one book, and the book still stayed 9.8.  I use their services about 5 times a year, and never have complaints. 

Is it possible to submit a book for the NYCC private signings and the Fall Legends tour? Or does the overlap in dates mean some legends won’t be able to sign if the book is at NYCC? 

Thanks.

Edited by BDWatson
Typo

On 9/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, MisterDoctor said:

Thanks

do a google search for desert wind comics and celestial comics before making any decisions.  Also use the search function here.  Lots of good info to help you with your decision!

I use a lot of facilitators on these boards and Celestial Comics is one. I continue to rely on them. I've used them quite a bit and have been happy with my business with them.

Have I had issues with them? Very minor invoice type a couple times that has always been resolved quickly when I brought it up.

I send many, many books and I only had one issue with a book. A signature didnt make a multi-signed book that I paid for. They took it to another show and got it signed for me. It just caused extra time for the book. For perspective, I've sent books to them for the past 3 years or so and quite a lot.

I know sometimes issues arise. I judge businesses by the quality of services/products, but possibly more by how they handle those issues. I feel like my books are safe with CC and have been very happy with the product they have provided back to me. 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, Celestial Comics said:

We plan to see him while in NY during NYCC. If you want something signed by him, you can submit items using the Legends pricing. Email me at chandler@desertwindcomics.com with questions.

Did Kaluta sign books as previously planned last month?

On 9/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, MisterDoctor said:

Thanks

I've used Desert Wind for signature series books in the past. I've done both, sent books in and met them in person with the books. I've been VERY pleased with the results. I've submitted both raw books and de-slabbed books and they all came back with the same grade or graded as I expected. 

Here are a few of the books I've had them get signed for me...

14853897384_2a318f6912_n.jpg14669762958_592d1f3cbc_n.jpg14853916364_cc9db88b15_n.jpg14669742759_da18a2e957_n.jpg

14853279161_4a996b009b_n.jpg14853900204_441fc90c5d_n.jpg14669675580_d11c8937e6_n.jpg14833355746_a34faedec9_n.jpg