• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

Can you guys knock it off before this thread gets locked too?

How about you get a clue?

There was movie discussion going on in this thread - including Justice League just exceeded China box office results compared to its peer DCEU movies - and then Casey came along wanting to yet again make a thread about his free speech to tell other people what to do.

I've asked him politely now to let it go. But he continues on to make some point.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

There was movie discussion going on in this thread - including Justice League just exceeded China box office results compared to its peer DCEU movies - and then Casey came along wanting to yet again make a thread about his free speech to tell other people what to do.

I've asked him politely now to let it go. But he continues on to make some point.

Get a clue about what? That people excessively arguing in a thread gets it shut down no matter the reason?  

Edited by Chip Cataldo

1 minute ago, Chip Cataldo said:

You know how the mods are these days. Also, I agree with you. I'd rather discuss the characters than the money. 

I don't think there's anything going on that bad, unless someone got too bound up and notified the mods. No name calling or bad language was used.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow

:facepalm:

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

Get a clue about what? That people excessively arguing in a thread gets it shut down? 

If the one party keeps asking the other party to just let it go and move on - and yet that person wants to make it all about whatever thing Casey is trying to accomplish today - that's not two people trying to cause a fight.

And if folks don't want to participate in any box office discussion - then don't. That's your call. It's like showing up at a Mexican restaurant and when they ask to seat you, the response is, "Nah. I hate Mexican. I just wanted to make that clear!" Why would anyone want to do that if they are in their normal mind and not sitting on a bag of baggage they want to offload?

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Wow

:facepalm:

Uh-huh. Twist upon twist upon twist.

1) I find box office discussions empty.

2) How dare you tell me then don't participate in those discussions.

3) In my mind, you made fun of me years ago. Let's talk about that now.

4) What - I can't participate in a thread because I don't like box office discussions?

That is the wildest discussion path in the shortest period of time.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If the one party keeps asking the other party to just let it go and move on - and yet that person wants to make it all about whatever thing Casey is trying to accomplish today - that's not two people trying to cause a fight.

And if folks don't want to participate in any box office discussion - then don't. That's your call. It's like showing up at a Mexican restaurant and when they ask to seat you, the response is, "Nah. I hate Mexican. I just wanted to make that clear!" Why would anyone want to do that if they are in their normal mind and not sitting on a bag of baggage they want to offload?

So how is that any different than you saying it gets old quick when people go after what they don't like about the movie? (shrug)

It's called discussion and people having different opinions.

I'm not telling you that you're not allowed to be obsessed with movie box office numbers, I just find it odd, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

So how is that any different than you saying it gets old quick when people go after what they don't like about the movie? (shrug)

It's called discussion and people having different opinions.

I'm not telling you that you're not allowed to be obsessed with movie box office numbers, I just find it odd, that's all.

Sorry, but you exceeded your 'crazy tokens' for the day.

54 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

It seems kind of empty to me...it's like discussing how many women George Clooney has slept with lol

51 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Then don't participate in those portions of the discussion. Not try and regulate it.

I'm not meaning to pick on you. But remember there were movies you would get all excited the actor was too tall, not bulky enough, not the right color compared to the source material. So you would hotly debate the topic. Some would say that comes across as empty, as who cares if the belt buckle on Thor and the lack of a helmet doesn't match the comic books? If a super-solid story gets delivered, and the general look and feel - great for us all as hobby fans.

Just to keep it straight. You said box office discussions seem kind of empty to you. I suggested not participating in those portions of the discussion. Not regulate it.

You then implied I told you to leave the thread. Come on, Casey. You know what you are doing. Any which way to cause a conflict. And that is really odd thinking.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Just to keep it straight. You said box office discussions seem kind of empty to you. I suggested not participating in those portions of the discussion. Not regulate it.

You then implied I told you to leave the thread. Come on, Casey. You know what you are doing. Any which way to cause a conflict. And that is really odd thinking.

That's the best part.

'Justice League': Batman Tactical Suit Concept Art Shows Closeup Details

Pv0prxu.png

Batman fans, you can now get a closer look at the new Tactical Batman suit that Ben Affleck wore in Justice League, in the photo below! The Image comes by way of thanks to another Instagram post by concept artist Jerad S. Marantz.

Marantz has revealed several pieces of Justice League concept art involving both the Batman suit and Parademon designs he worked on for the film.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, Gatsby77 said:

In one of his pieces last week Forbes' Scott Mendelson noted the irony that the whole DC connected universe came directly out of Man of Steel's "disappointing" box office performance of $291 million domestic / $668 million worldwide.

(Particularly coming just a year after The Dark Knight Rises' $448 million domestic / $1.08 billion worldwide.)

So Man of Steel 2 was scrapped in favor of BvS as DC decided to go all-in on Batman and lay the groundwork for a DCEU Justice League.

Now there's a chance that Justice League may not even hit Man of Steel's $668 million worldwide.

Further, even if it hits $250 million domestic / $700 million worldwide, it will be far less (as in, negatively) profitable for Warner Bros than Man of Steel.

Remember, the domestic/international split matters too -- $300 million domestic / $700 million total is far better than $225 domestic / $750 million total.

With that news I think as a realist the big story is there will most likely not be a Justice League 2 now. I was looking at some numbers and The Legend of Tarzan by Warner had a budget of 180 million and had box office of 356 million. So Tarzan almost doubled its take and Warner still pulled the plug on a sequel. JLA is going to lose money,so I can't see why they make a sequel to Justice League. It seems now it will be a one and done just like Green Lantern.

If I am Warner I now focus on solo movies and forget team up movies. They must do that and also get away from the Justice League,BvS and Man of Steel Snyder/Cavill/Affleck brand to salvage the DC universe. 

Immediately focus on Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Deathstroke and Lobo as fatigue has now set in on Batman and Superman.

Why? I guarantee the next Affleck Batman and Cavill Superman would do worst box office than Justice League, BvS and Man of Steel.

Ask ourselves this.

Would DC/Warner risk another round of Snyder Superman or Batfleck movies again?

Answer: No.

It is over for this particular DC brand of Snyder/Cavill/Affleck.

Time to move on and focus on Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

With that I look forward to Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2.

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

With that news I think as a realist the big story is there will most likely not be a Justice League 2 now. I was looking at some numbers and The Legend of Tarzan by Warner had a budget of 180 million and had box office of 356 million. So Tarzan almost doubled its take and Warner still pulled the plug on a sequel. JLA is going to lose money,so I can't see why they make a sequel to Justice League. It seems now it will be a one and done just like Green Lantern.

If I am Warner I now focus on solo movies and forget team up movies. They must do that and also get away from the Justice League,BvS and Man of Steel Snyder/Cavill/Affleck brand to salvage the DC universe. 

Immediately focus on Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Deathstroke and Lobo as fatigue has now set in on Batman and Superman.

Why? I guarantee the next Affleck Batman and Cavill Superman would do worst box office than Justice League, BvS and Man of Steel.

Ask ourselves this.

gotta agree w/ CC.  no matter how much lipstick you trowel on, this pig didn't fly.  No studio wants to shell out $450MM to make & market a movie that: 1) gets critically blasted (again), 2) puts a dagger in the heart of a potential sequel for the foreseeable future and 3)possibly breaks even after ancillaries.  Once bitten, twice shy.

10 hours ago, paperheart said:

gotta agree w/ CC.  no matter how much lipstick you trowel on, this pig didn't fly.  No studio wants to shell out $450MM to make & market a movie that: 1) gets critically blasted (again), 2) puts a dagger in the heart of a potential sequel for the foreseeable future and 3)possibly breaks even after ancillaries.  Once bitten, twice shy.

10 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Ask ourselves this.

Although a repeat of the same thoughts, I can see the simplicity of CC's approach. Unfortunately, WB then doesn't address the root problem.

Orrrrrr... WB faces up to the fact if it is going to succeed with such movies, they can't just position Geoff Johns as a figurehead executive that when WB feels like makes him feel in charge. Otherwise, we run into the tampered projects such as Suicide Squad and Justice League.

When WB allowed the freedom to lead, with Geoff Johns and Patty Jenkins calling the shots on Wonder Woman, look what they achieved. Such success the movie was one of the biggest of the year overall, massively successful, critically and audience recognized, and now the director is being considered as Time Magazine's most influential person of the year. Have we seen the latter for Fox, Sony or MCU movies?

Yet when WB disregarded it's 'director-driven' values and tore into Suicide Squad and Justice League, the opposite occured. Critics generally disliked the final product. Movie-goers were divided. And now in the case of the latter movie, the tampering went so deep, even a vastly experienced and successful director couldn't turn around the damage done.

Nope. It wasn't the acting. No, it wasn't Batman's suit that turned off general movie-goers from attending en masse. The villain in this case was self-doubt and greed. So if there is a lesson learned - if they were open to hearing it - then it would be selection of a lead that cherishes these characters and stories as much as any hardcore fan, and give them a short test roadmap of films to truly prove this out.

Aquaman=>Shazam=>Wonder Woman are a given.

Deathstroke=>Black Adam=>Justice League Dark=>Justice League vs. Villain Team-Up (JL2).

Take all the defeated villains from the standalone movies (including Cheetah), and rally them together in JL2. Including some mystical Big Bad from JLD.

I'll take that.

Edited by Bosco685
How dare I forget Dwayne Johnson