• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Justice League was supposed to hit $211M domestic this weekend. Friday gave it a little more steam than expected.

0UIlaTy.png

FORBES.COM: Box Office Summary

will pass Avengers opening weekend tomorrow in its 23rd day of release.  hate to nitpick w/ the savant at Forbes but FB's 4th weekend was $10.4MM.  $240-245MM US, $430-440MM Int'l when all is said and done.

2 minutes ago, paperheart said:

will pass Avengers opening weekend tomorrow in its 23rd day of release.  hate to nitpick w/ the savant at Forbes but FB's 4th weekend was $10.4MM.  $240-245MM US, $430-440MM Int'l when all is said and done.

:luhv:

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

Really you think that high ?  This movie is going to lose almost all of its remaining domestic theatres next week and its China run is basically done.  I think it will be lucky to hit $650MM by the end of its domestic discount theater run.

-J.

Rumor: 'Justice League' Extended Cut To Get Home Release

Zq2LcMH.png

A large subsection of fans are wanting Warner Bros. to release a director's cut of Justice League when it hits home video, as it seems many scenes were cut from the final product. IGN's Mario-F. Robles is reporting that WB is considering it, but some fans will still not be happy.

That second cut he's referring to is the current hot topic de jour. There's a section of fans specifically want a Zack Snyder cut of the film. Snyder left Justice League midway through production, handing off the finalization of the film to Joss Whedon, and some say that is one of the main issues with the film.

Mario Robles has been posting a few interesting things recently about the behind-the-scenes actions occurring at WB. But one video he created earlier this year seems to hit on the hurdles WB is dealing with: it can't seem to honor the traditional approach of 'staying out of a director's way' once they commit to a --script and direction.

James Wan was going to depart Aquaman because he had seen the WB interference in Zack Snyder's 'Batman v Superman' and David Ayers' 'Suicide Squad' and didn't want to experience this. So WB had to commit to stay out of his production to keep him.

Edited by Bosco685

1Gvrhbs.png

FORBES.COM: 'Justice League' Finally Tops $600 Million Worldwide

The DC Films sequel had a decent hold this weekend, earning $9.595M domestic (-41%) to bring its 24-day North American cume to $212.06M thus far. It's still tracking alongside Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, so a $240M domestic total is still possible.

No, that's not good, but the Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon superhero team-up is getting exactly the kind of "steady as she goes" legs that WB was hoping for when they slotted the movie in that pre-Thanksgiving weekend. Had the film opened better than that "mere" $94M debut, we'd arguably be having a different conversation. And the picture, which has earned $401.3m outside of North America, is going to make more overseas than Wonder Woman ($409M), Man of Steel ($377M) and Suicide Squad ($420M). Truth be told, costly reshoots notwithstanding, I would argue that North American box office is the one place where Justice League really fell short.

At the very least, had it topped $300M domestic then we'd be looking at it through the same lens as X-Men: Days of Future Past ($749M in 2014). Once again, domestic box office matters.

Justice League, which has now earned $613.6M worldwide, will probably go down as the biggest-grossing "flop" of all time, thanks to budget, reception and expectations, but 2017 just proved what I've been saying for years. At the end of the day, WB is more than just Batman and Harry Potter.

'Justice League': Ray Fisher Shares New Cyborg Behind-The-Scenes Photo

bfQHaqG.png

Justice League star Ray Fisher recently shared a new behind-the-scenes photo - and gave fans a look at one of the film's most sought-after deleted scenes. The photo, which you can check out below, shows Victor Stone in his pre-Cyborg days, playing in a snow-covered football game for Gotham City University. While Cyborg's football game made it into one of Justice League's initial trailers, the scene ended up being cut from the finished film.

Nevertheless, Fisher is aware of the impact that his storyline made with audiences - particularly those with disabilities.

"I've had lots of fans who come out and say 'Listen, I can relate to Cyborg because I lost a limb,' or 'I have this cochlear implant,'" Fisher said earlier this year. "It's one of those things when you actually start seeing it, when you actually start hearing about it, that made Cyborg more relevant to me than I think he ever had been up to that point."

They really need to keep Ray Fisher engaged with the Cyborg character. What a find!

:applause:

Just now, comicquant said:

Anyone see this?  Looks like justice league sequel isn’t going to happen.  Neither is MOS 2.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/warner-bros-reveals-full-dc-extended-universe-slate/

Well, since Henry Cavill today at the Brazil Comic Con confirmed MOS 2 is moving forward...go figure.

Here is Forbes' Mandelson in what looks like his post-mortem on the box office performance of this movie. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/12/justice-league-is-the-biggest-grossing-box-office-bomb-ever/amp/

Notice he is now regularly using the correct budget of this movie of $300MM , in performing his analytics and discussion of multipliers.  

-J.

9 minutes ago, vane said:

The Flash: flash point - if this happens then hopefully it will reset the DC universe and bring back Christian Bale as Batman.

While it's technically possible that Warner Bros. could bring anyone in as Batman, one current theory is that Ben Affleck would play Batman in Flashpoint's framing sequence, but potentially be replaced (permanently) in the Flashpoint re-set by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who placed Thomas Wayne in BvS. 

Since in the Flashpoint storyline it's Thomas Wayne who becomes Batman.

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

While it's technically possible that Warner Bros. could bring anyone in as Batman, one current theory is that Ben Affleck would play Batman in Flashpoint's framing sequence, but potentially be replaced (permanently) in the Flashpoint re-set by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who placed Thomas Wayne in BvS. 

Since in the Flashpoint storyline it's Thomas Wayne who becomes Batman.

I like the idea but I also like a DC universe with Bruce as Batman and not Thomas Wayne

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

I like the idea but I also like a DC universe with Bruce as Batman and not Thomas Wayne

Exactly. Everything else works for me, quite well actually. 

21 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It was a temporary thing in Flashpoint, where Barry experienced an alternate future. The animated movie is well worth purchasing. And it led to a pretty touching part of the story when Barry brought back a letter from Thomas Wayne to Bruce.

The+flash+ran+into+another+dimension+wel

One of the rare times Batman actually cries.

Hamm would want to be the complete replacement of Ben Affleck. Though I also like the idea of Christian Bale, who at one point really thought he was going to get a call before BvS.