• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

See, when you say passive-aggressive you miss your own posts and behavior. So let's not pretend. When you asked your original question, I even answered your questions with nothing personal.

But then you post more passive-aggressive statements about how all I know is box office numbers, and that I find these movie super fun. Very clearly stated in your posts.

Still want to play the victim?

Should I reply by stating that your perception is skewed in my post at this point like you have done several times?

Just now, Lucky Baru said:

Should I reply by stating that your perception is skewed in my post at this point like you have done several times?

No. You should attempt to have a discussion about the movie, and stop acting like folks are going out of their way to attack you.

When I respond to you clearly and with no meaning to attack you, and you then make it into a 'do you have to be so passive-aggressive all the time', your intent and perception is very clear. Skewed!

Right from the beginning, I was clear box office was not the clear indicator for those that did see this movie based on the question you asked. Though I also made it clear this was a financial miss (read first sentence clearly).

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lucky Baru said:

So, do the figures tell you that the general public thought that the movie stunk, that the general public is tired of comic book movies, a combination of the two, or something else?

On 12/22/2017 at 8:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Since the financial results are below the assumed billion-dollar (+) this movie should have achieved, someone would assume those that saw it perceived it as 'stinking' (in your words). But even with the studio tampering, movie-goers that saw this film gave it a 'B+' CinemaScore meaning they enjoyed it - but didn't love it.

Those that contribute to scoring sites, meanwhile, gave it a 4.0/5.0 based on RTAS, and 6.9/10.0 via Metacritic.

QrmF6sS.png

SiNyh3X.png

So no, they didn't consider it as the movie stinking. But it is clear they felt it was flawed and obviously could have been much better. And financially, there is no question this is a black eye for WB.

Where were you attacked or that I took things personal?

Edited by Bosco685

2 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

The other one was better.

Sorry.

Now, what's all this fighting about? It's Christmas boys. Time of good will to all men. Even those who liked BvS. 

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Sorry.

Now, what's all this fighting about? It's Christmas boys. Time of good will to all men. Even those who liked BvS. 

Someone assuming because they asked if the movie was a stinker and financial failure or not reading into a post, leading to how I am passive-aggressive with them.

Only when the person wants to belabor their point the DC movies don't work for them - whether they saw the movies or not.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Someone assuming because they asked if the movie was a stinker and financial failure or not reading into a post, leading to how I am passive-aggressive with them.

Only when the person wants to belabor their point the DC movies don't work for them - whether they saw the movies or not.

Oh, that. OK.

For the record, I liked BvS and Justice League. Good films both. It doesn't bother me that others don't like them, or how much money they made. 

Even the biggest fire will go out eventually, if you deprive it of oxygen. 

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

What if he liked Homecoming 

Then he must be tarred and feathered Hector. There are always valid exceptions. 

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

What if he liked Homecoming 

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

Then he must be tarred and feathered Hector. There are always valid exceptions. 

:fear:

I only paid $5 for the blu-ray.

5 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Still haven't gotten an answer to the WC question:sorry:

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? Not a darn thing.

Now you assuming something and making it an issue - that's different. But then you are just being passive-aggressive, right?