• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

Might be a nice addition to the new AT&T/WB/HBO streaming channel set to lauch next year. That would be my guess about a release date. If there is pent up demand they can capture it at $6.99/$8.99/whatever per month. 

It will be interesting to see how many studios start to issue properly edited deleted scenes and test/alternate endings on their streaming services. That would be an added perk that would convince some to subscribe.

Cough...cough...cough. Aaaaashoo…cough. Excuse me-a-heh-hee-heh-hee...cough. Just getting that little bit of...cough...dust over there-heh-herrrrrshoo… Cough. And this cob-aaaaaashoooooo-web. Cough.

Cough.

Sorry. Cough. Where was I? Oh yes, that's right...

Justice League - Resurrecting the Thread.

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Cough...cough...cough. Aaaaashoo…cough. Excuse me-a-heh-hee-heh-hee...cough. Just getting that little bit of...cough...dust over there-heh-herrrrrshoo… Cough. And this cob-aaaaaashoooooo-web. Cough.

Cough.

Sorry. Cough. Where was I? Oh yes, that's right...

Justice League - Resurrecting the Thread.

giphy.gif.e6b51897081030f13bbe89eacf33bd17.gif

12 hours ago, Batman said:

It's never going to happen... link

_109726952_george.jpg

#georgesaysno

I don't know, Mr. Batman ( :foryou: ). There could be a new boost of energy now.

Even with comicbook.com that at one point called it toxic, the tune has changed.

Edited by Bosco685

I'd like to see it. I'm hot and cold on Snyder, but at least his version would be ambitious. I didn't hate the Whedon cut.of JL, but it certainly lacked the epic scope that one would except from a 300 million dollar film about the world's greatest superheroes. It's Warners fault. They knowingly released a faulty product and didn't care. 

Edited by Larryw7

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I'd like to see it. I'm hot and cold on Snyder, but at least his version would be ambitious. I didn't hate the Whedon cut.of JL, but it certainly lacked the epic scope that one would except from a 300 million dollar film about the world's greatest superheroes. It's Warners fault. They knowingly released a faulty product and didn't care. 

Although I had a good time at the theater when I saw this film, I still remember when Clark was standing in the cornfield and you could actually see the greenscreen outline around Henry Cavill like a semi-amateur production.

:(

WB lost faith in its own material. But at least over time Walter Hamada helped it get back on track.

I thought the Snyder cut of BvS was an improvement over the theatrical cut, which had glaring plot holes so large that the viewer had no idea what Superman's motivation was. He comes out of nowhere and tells Batman "the Bat is dead. Bury it". What? Superman flies away from Capitol Hill cavilierly, as if he didn't care about the explosion. The directors cut filled in the very necessary gaps for these scenes, because they bothered me big time when I saw it in the theater.

8 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I take it all the actors tweeting this to get released will benefit from it financially somehow.  (shrug)

Can we get a retract the Snyder cut petition going for BvsS while we're at it.  How people forget how bad that was...

What are you talking about? The Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman is great. A coherently-cut movie that actually lays out the motivations for the titular characters is "bad" how?

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I thought the Snyder cut of BvS was an improvement over the theatrical cut, which had glaring plot holes so large that the viewer had no idea what Superman's motivation was. He comes out of nowhere and tells Batman "the Bat is dead. Bury it". What? Superman flies away from Capitol Hill cavilierly, as if he didn't care about the explosion. The directors cut filled in the very necessary gaps for these scenes, because they bothered me big time when I saw it in the theater.

Bingo! Every person who's seen the UE wonders, "why the F did they cut him trying to help at Capitol Hill!?"

The UE also lays out, fairly clearly, how Luthor knows what he does about Superman.

So, not only does it carry more story power for Batman and Superman, but the details of how and why Alexander's plan works.

There's a small amount of action scenes that make the 3rd Act a little more coherent as well.

39 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Bingo! Every person who's seen the UE wonders, "why the F did they cut him trying to help at Capitol Hill!?"

The UE also lays out, fairly clearly, how Luthor knows what he does about Superman.

So, not only does it carry more story power for Batman and Superman, but the details of how and why Alexander's plan works.

There's a small amount of action scenes that make the 3rd Act a little more coherent as well.

Just like WB should have done with Justice League (let it be this huge event film longer than the others), BVS UE should have been released as-is and included all the excitement around it we were now finally going to see the Trinity together.

I really enjoy watching the UE as there is so much great material there to dig into. So I wouldn't mind seeing what Snyder had planned for JL, JL2 and most probably Flashpoint as the fifth film (it was a mystery never announced).