• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I disagree on the mustache issue. The first 30-second clip that Whedon added, prefaced the entire movie, and Cavill looked worse than a video game. It set the tone, and almost every scene they used the VFX on his face detracted from them.

I know that Cavill is open (and hoping) to return as Superman, but sadly (as you mention), we likely won't see him again. DC's 2 biggest characters and WB couldn't find a way to make it work with (IMO) the best actors for them. True shame.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut

100% agree with this post.

Screen Junkies does very well in most of their Honest Trailers. I try not to get sucked into the hyperbole. We all know that we just want the original extended (and intended) film. Probably won't be as good as Infinity War - but I think we know that it's better off without WB's/Whedon's content.

Edit: As they mention, too, I don't wanna have to talk about wanting it anymore. It's really sad that there's a big demand for this to be completed correctly and that we may not get it for awhile. That can be scary, because what if Snyder goes full-Lucas? By that, I mean, what if WB decides to complete it in the future but Snyder makes new additions to his previous idea by then? I would really like the most pure-and-polished edition of this.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

10 hours ago, Grails said:

I’m good without the Snyder cut. Just give me another season of Doom Patrol please.

Knowing it was tampered with so excessively once Snyder had to take time out due to his death, it would be interesting to see what the film was going to be. Even those directly involved in the film were disappointed what was delivered in the end by WB.

As momentum builds for Warner Bros. to release the Synder Cut of Justice League (including a book about the fabled version of the film by Sean O’Connell as well as today’s April Fools’ Honest Trailer), ComingSoon.net got to have an exclusive chat with Queen Hippolyta herself Connie Nielsen about a scene from Zach Snyder’s version of the film that was cut for release.

“My absolute favorite stunt was cut from the film, and I’m having a hard time accepting that, it was so cool,” Nielsen told us, confirming that all her scenes were directed by Zack Snyder. “I got to run up a wall and pivot in the air, and as I pivoted on my way down I speared one of the monsters. I literally did that for weeks to get that, and then they didn’t put it in. They took it out, they put it in, they took it out… It’s my great regret because I love stunts, I love being a badass in a film like that, and then sorry that the audience didn’t get to see that part of the cool Amazon fighting techniques, because they were very cool!”

Nielsen was also excited to reprise the role of Hippolyta a third time in the forthcoming Wonder Woman 1984.

“It was a little bit like a homecoming,” Nielsen said of the sequel, which is set to bow on August 14, 2020. “We got to see everybody, hang out. It was very cute. All the girls got to get together and it was very cool.” She was tight-lipped when it came to the subject of an Amazonian spin-off movie teased by director Patty Jenkins, only saying that she and the other cast “would love to, we would love to do that.”

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm mean, I'm pretty sure Warner Bros. isn't happy with the finished version of the film either, given that Justice League Part 2 was supposed to be released in 2019.

Oh...wait... :facepalm:

There's that positive message everyone has been looking forward to again.

(:

34 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm mean, I'm pretty sure Warner Bros. isn't happy with the finished version of the film either, given that Justice League Part 2 was supposed to be released in 2019.

Oh...wait... :facepalm:

They've should've been unhappy with the film after the first 30 seconds.

How the :censored: did that VFX get approved for theatrical release in 2017!? Oh, wait, the leaders wanted their year-end bonuses...

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There's that positive message everyone has been looking forward to again.

(:

Don't know what you're talking about, man.

As released, Justice League: Dawn of Justice was a masterpiece - the highlight not only of the DCEU but the best superhero film of the year, and easily the best since 2008's The Dark Knight. From the characterization of a dark, antagonist Superman to the wisecracking Flash we'd always wanted and the introduction of a modernized Aquaman for the 21st century, the project was an unmitigated triumph.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

As released, Justice League: Dawn of Justice was a masterpiece - the highlight not only of the DCEU but the best superhero film of the year, and easily the best since 2008's The Dark Knight. From the characterization of a dark, antagonist Superman to the wisecracking Flash we'd always wanted and the introduction of a modernized Aquaman for the 21st century, the project was an unmitigated triumph.

giphy.gif

Did you like the Frankenstein Justice League? If not, wouldn't you be interested in the "pure" version of the film? Seems weird to hate both the garbage we got in 2017 and a potentially (and almost-certainly) better version of it.

Do you just hate the Justice League group/characters regardless?

I wanted a live-action Justice League movie more than the Star Wars sequels - my whole life (seemingly). What I got was mediocre-at-best. I want the best product of the most-anticipated movie I have ever waited for. 2c

18 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I see. You took care of all the fly wings around the house. Time to bring that bright and happy demeanor to the boards to spread the joy. (:

55 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Did you like the Frankenstein Justice League? If not, wouldn't you be interested in the "pure" version of the film? Seems weird to hate both the garbage we got in 2017 and a potentially (and almost-certainly) better version of it.

Do you just hate the Justice League group/characters regardless?

I wanted a live-action Justice League movie more than the Star Wars sequels - my whole life (seemingly). What I got was mediocre-at-best. I want the best product of the most-anticipated movie I have ever waited for. 2c

Clearly Bosco got it, but not you.

My post was an obvious

APRIL FOOLS, people_without_enough_empathy!