• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Just like WB should have done with Justice League (let it be this huge event film longer than the others), BVS UE should have been released as-is and included all the excitement around it we were now finally going to see the Trinity together.

I really enjoy watching the UE as there is so much great material there to dig into. So I wouldn't mind seeing what Snyder had planned for JL, JL2 and most probably Flashpoint as the fifth film (it was a mystery never announced).

"Better late than never" when the Snyder Cut gets released.

After a sustained campaign to convince Warner Bros. to release Zack Snyder’s version of Justice League, support for the movement is reaching new heights. Last week, a parade of high-profile filmmakers and performers called on the studio to release the Snyder Cut, while the hashtag #ReleaseTheSnyderCut generated hundreds of thousands of tweets and retweets. With new leadership taking over Warner as AT&T shores up plans for the company, with the streaming service HBO Max debuting next May, and with a version of Justice League just sitting on a shelf unseen by the public, the time has come for Warner Bros. to release the Snyder Cut.

First, let’s be clear about a few things: yes, a Snyder Cut does exist in near-finished form; yes, several people have seen the Snyder Cut; yes, there were multiple edits of the film, including an early assembly cut, but Snyder and his crew continued working on the film and created a more completed version; and yes, some of the fans who want to see the Snyder Cut have engaged in bad behavior, but that’s a separate issue unrelated to whether the Snyder Cut exits and whether it should be released, and nobody should oppose the release of Snyder’s vision simply based on disliking how some of the fans behave.

It’s also worth noting that there was indeed a sustained campaign to convince everyone that no Snyder Cut exists, with some people intentionally spreading false information to mislead the press and public, while others spread the false information because they were misled by their bosses or sources and had no other evidence at the time to convince them otherwise.

I am not sure what compels some media and journalists to continue denying the Snyder Cut exists after a great deal of confirmation, nor why some of them insist it would require tens of millions of dollars to complete Snyder’s version (it wouldn’t, and those claims seem based on the outlets/journalists falsely believing only the assembly cut exists). While Warner could indeed spend some additional money to finish a few elements or tweak a few others, Snyder’s version could be released as-is without additional spending and viewers would get the full film with 90+% completed footage, VFX, and sound.

Claiming the Snyder Cut doesn’t exist, or that it’s a “mythical” entity whose existence is unlikely or in serious question, relies on ignoring the claims of most people who worked on Justice League and who insist that yes, it does exist. It also relies on ignoring the folks who actually saw the cut of the film. And it relies on ignoring all of the footage and images that have steadily leaked out to the public over the past several months. Saying it doesn’t exist or treating its existence as a matter of debate, then, inherently implies a vast conspiracy exists to fool everyone into thinking a movie exists, for the purpose of... what, exactly? What is the supposed motive for so many people to make false claims and to generate images and footage for a supposedly non-existent film?

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would pay $100 to own a completed Snyder Cut.

Like you noted before, there is something happening as this is a bigger focus and energy than we have seen - ever - with this Snyder Cut. Including like Mark points out, all the celebrity support to get it out there.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Like you noted before, there is something happening as this is a bigger focus and energy than we have seen - ever - with this Snyder Cut. Including like Mark points out, all the celebrity support to get it out there.

"Something's coming." - Hippolyta

3 minutes ago, Batman said:

Was Whedon responsible for trying to make Batfleck funny? If so, they really should release the Synder Cut.

Depends on which "funny". "Something's bleeding alright"? Yes. "Maybe temporary"? No.

Snyder always intended for Justice League to be 'lighter' and also have Prime Superman (the perfect one everyone expects Superman to be).

20 minutes ago, Batman said:

Was Whedon responsible for trying to make Batfleck funny? If so, they really should release the Synder Cut.

Things that drive Snyder fans crazy that definitely came from Joss Whedon:

- Funny Batman

- Barry Allen falling onto Wonder Woman's breasts (he has done this in other productions)

- The beginning rooftop scene where Bruce is openly talking with Alfred in front of the criminal

- Clark's lip CGI

- The rushed CGI throughout

And so much more...

21 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Depends on which "funny". "Something's bleeding alright"? Yes. "Maybe temporary"? No.

Snyder always intended for Justice League to be 'lighter' and also have Prime Superman (the perfect one everyone expects Superman to be).

I was thinking more of the...

Superman: Well, I knew you didn't bring me back 'cause you like me.

Batman: I don't... not...

…scene. But the "something's bleeding" was also poorly delivered. 

Edited by Batman

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The seems low. Most rumors project that about 25% of the movie was still Snyder content. Which is still ridiculously surprising.

At this point with all these details lately of how much Joss Whedon tampered with the original film, I don't know what to think. But $300M as a production budget is the reality.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

At this point with all these details lately of how much Joss Whedon tampered with the original film, I don't know what to think. But $300M as a production budget is the reality.

I saw a good suggestion recently:

"Turn over all of Zack's footage to Snyder, let his production company finish the film, and WB can retain all responsibility for the movie that they released."

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I saw a good suggestion recently:

"Turn over all of Zack's footage to Snyder, let his production company finish the film, and WB can retain all responsibility for the movie that they released."

Like we have discussed, there is definitely something occurring behind the scenes. Including Henry Cavill being very reserved in discussing a Snyder Cut.

What this means is leaving many on pins and needles to figure out.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

...Joss Whedon tampered with the original film...

The fact he killed off Tara speaks volumes about his tampering.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Including Henry Cavill being very reserved in discussing a Snyder Cut.

Maybe he doesn't like the natural look of his top lip.