• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY QUINN Animated Series via DC Digital TV (2019?)
1 1

158 posts in this topic

Margot Robbie’s working on a Harley Quinn spinoff that’s not ‘Gotham City Sirens’ or ‘Joker/Harley’

harley-quinn@2x_5ae93dd6b98b57.92451974.

MTV’s Josh Horowitz caught up with Margot Robbie, who was promoting his Oscar-buzzy movie I, Tonya, which she stars in and produced. Horowitz asked Robbie if she’d produce the next movie that Harley Quinn appears in.

“Yeah, I’ve been working on it for two years now,” Robbie replied. “It’s hard to talk about it because this stuff is under lock and key, but yeah, I’ve been working on a separate spinoff Harley thing for a while now”.

So far, nothing really earth shattering. We’ve heard that Robbie was producing Gotham City Sirens, and that Suicide Squad director David Ayer was attached to it. But no… that’s not what Robbie is referring to here.

When asked if she was referring to the Joker/Harley movie or Gotham City Sirens, Robbie replied: “No, it’s a totally separate one”.

“There’s a lot going on right now, and I don’t think anyone knows for sure what the next thing to happen, but I think everyone’s keen to get Harley back on screen. Everyone’s working on different versions of what that could be.”

I wonder if this is the rumored Harley Quinn animated movie?

Harley Quinn is getting a new animated series for DC’s streaming service

HARLEY_NONNANS_marquee_5a137b996f5f67.44

After an appearance in David Ayer’s Suicide Squad last year, DC fan favorite Harley Quinn will be returning to her roots in her own 26-episode animated series.

The currently untitled show will be featured exclusively on the digital streaming service DC is launching next year. That makes it the third series announced thus far, alongside the live-action show Titans, and the animated Young Justice: Outsiders. The series will be headed by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, and Dean Lorey, who previously collaborated on DC’s superhero comedy Powerless.

The new Harley Quinn series will be loosely inspired by the current comics, where the character has cut ties with the Joker and is roughing it in Gotham City alongside her bestie Poison Ivy and other familiar DC characters. Over the last four years, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner have given Quinn a more independent vibe in the comics, far from the character’s origins as the Joker’s sidekick in Batman: The Animated Series. (Conner actually drew the above concept art, though DC points out in its press release that the final show may not end up taking this same visual direction.)

It would make the most sense.

Edited by Bosco685

Margot Robbie Teases Harley Quinn Big Screen Return Quite Soon

Robbie is currently promoting her film I, Tonya, but fans haven't forgotten about her marvelous job as the unpredictable Quinn, and neither has she. In fact, she couldn't be more excited to jump back into the role. "I know! I didn’t get enough of her! I was like, “I need to keep playing her!” I love her so much," Robbie told Collider.

When asked when that could happen next, Robbie teased the wait for that might not belong at all.

"I think we’re very close, actually," Robbie said. "Everyone has been working really hard, myself included, to get Harley back on screen. I think it will be quite soon. There’s so much more to explore with her. I can’t wait! I hope next year, but with bigger films, it takes a lot longer to get it all up and running."

Robbie's first time in the role was during David Ayer's Suicide Squad film, and since she's been linked to the Suicide Squad sequel, a spin-off film called Gotham City Sirens, and a spinoff focused on Harley and the Joker. Most of those aren't much further than the development phase, but Suicide Squad's sequel does already have a director in Gavin O'Connor. When asked if she's had conversations with him yet, Robbie said "I haven’t yet. I should! There’s so much that I need to do right now."

'Harley Quinn' Animated Series Characters Reportedly Revealed

Late last year, DC Comics fans were met with a pleasant surprise with the announcement of a Harley Quinn adult animated series. And now, a new report could indicate the series' supporting cast of characters.

ThatHashtagShow recently uncovered seven casting descriptions for the upcoming series, which is set to air on DC's currently-untitled streaming service. According to the casting descriptions, fans can expect to see the two DC characters most associated with Harley - The Joker and Poision Ivy.

"[THE JOKER] (40) Equal parts homicidal and charismatic, he’s been Harley’s longtime awful boyfriend, but when Harley breaks up with him, she vows to take his cherished number-one spot on the Most Wanted list. The Joker thinks of Harley as his creation and, as she grows in power, does everything he can to stop her. (SERIES REGULAR)"

"[DR. PAMELA ISLEY (AKA “POISON IVY”)] (LATE 20’s) Sarcastic and incredibly smart, Ivy is Harley’s best friend and now roommate. Very much a loner (she prefers plants over people), Ivy is sometimes the voice of reason but always a true friend to Harley. Ivy soon becomes her reluctant partner-in-crime. (SERIES REGULAR)"

If they're legit, the casting descriptions provide a little bit of insight into how the series will begin - namely, Joker and Harley having broken up, which seems to make him the antagonist of the first season. Ivy being a core part of Harley's animated story is sure to delight some fans as well, even though there's no telling if and when their romantic relationship would transfer over to the show.

The third casting description is for a character that might not be as well-known - Sy Borgman, a.k.a. Syborg. The character was introduced as a sort of comic relief in the New 52 Harley Quinn comics, and it sounds like he would play that same role here.

DC Universe’s upcoming Harley Quinn animated series is a show about being confronted with difficult truths which are blindingly obvious to everyone except for the people who need to understand them the most. Batman, for example, is a grown man who dresses up in bat-themed fetish gear, making it perfectly reasonable for Harley to assume that Batman bats. That’s just logic.

In order to give audience members a better idea of what to look forward to, Harley Quinn’s first episode premiered during DC Universe’s panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, with executive producers Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker and producer Jennifer Coyle in attendance. The biggest takeaway from the pilot is that there’s definitely more than a little life left in the streaming platform.

There are so many different kinds of stories about Harley—about exploring one’s sexuality, surviving emotional abuse, getting into roller derby, etc—that speak to people on different levels that Harley Quinn™, the brand, has become as fractured as the character’s mind. This is why you can have all-ages versions of Harley Quinn in DC Superhero Girls exist alongside live-action Harley Quinns who murder children, and a parallel universe comics Harley who’s an old lady from a dystopian future. None of these Harleys is the “right” or “wrong” Harley, they’re all riffs on core concepts associated with the character that different creators have turned into canonical parts of her expanded mythology over the years.

That said, Harley Quinn’s overall scale is somewhat smaller than some of the character’s more fantastical exploits elsewhere, but the series is keenly aware of the broader cultural landscape it exists within and the unique space is has to tell a definitive Harley Quinn story. The character got her start stealing the show in an animated series, and so it feels right that another cartoon would make a go of giving her the center stage in a big way.

Harley Quinn knows where its heroine came from and does a solid job of making its peace with her origins before moving on to flex and show off just what all Dr. Quinzel’s capable of now that she’s become a bona fide star. Harley Quinn hits DC Universe this October.

Sounds like this could be a hit with Harley Quinn fans.

I am really assuming more than ever WB hired Deadpool's former marketing team after how it handled negative critic reviews with Joker (inserting them on posters) and now this email campaign to select critics with the entire season of Harley Quinn TAS.

dcu_harley.thumb.png.c0e3b24af109c5cad37fb2bf9dc77673.png

Edited by Bosco685

thumbnail_IMG_0673-1014x570.jpg

When the series begins this Friday, November 29 on DC Universe, Harley has finally broken up with the dastardly Joker and is trying her best — with stumbling blocks along the way — to become the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City. However, keeping her emotions in check when it comes to her ex and taking over the dark side of Gotham is not easy for Harley, though it's very fun for us to watch.

The voice cast is a who's who of fabulousness starting with Big Bang Theory alum Kaley Cuoco leading the charge as Harley. Bless This Mess' Lake Bell steps in to voice her loyal gal pal Poison Ivy and Alan Tudyk brings his outrageousness as Joker. Plus, more characters are voiced by top talent like Tony Hale, Ron Funches, JB Smoove, Jason Alexander, Christopher Meloni, Diedrich Bader, Wanda Sykes, Jim Rash, and more. The show's executive producers are Cuoco, Sam Register, Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, and Dean Lorey.