• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I saw this a fair trade please help me

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys please help me with this I need to know if I'm making a fair trade with this guy I'm giving 

a submariner 1941 #4 .5 CGC only SS copy

strange tales 89 first ring fan foom 3.0

TOS #42 5.5

FF#11 2.0

ASM #12 5.5

all Reese books which equal about a $1000 value for the very scarce silver streak 1 the only objective is it's a beat up copy take a look

i even think the silver streak cover is glued, would that be counted as restoration and what would you say the value would be with this trade,

should I do it or not, have to know by tonight, thanks 

IMG_0213.PNG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

Did you mix up the grades on the FF11 and the ST 89? Just asking because the ST 89 looks no better than 2.0 while the FF looks nicer than that grade.

Your value on the the books seems fairly reasonable, that's about twice expected FMV of the  SS 1 based on prior sales, but one would expect to trade more in the way of several common SA for one uncommon GA. For me personally, I'm not crazy about stripped books, I'd rather have one with a missing back cover, but if the book makes you happier than the others  would, you might consider it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

claw is a super cool character, one the coolest imo.  but the book while a #1 and first appearance of such a great character isnt in any sort of desirable grade so resale options would be limited.  a stack of low grade, common, silver age doesnt offer much in the way of resale either.  at the end of the day its six of one half dozen of the other.  do you want a handful of books or one?  are you going to read them?  looking to keep or sell?  things to consider

good luck

Edited by rainmaker