• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 3 pick ups of 2017
7 7

240 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2017 at 6:26 PM, Knightsofold said:

It was mostly a Silver year for me, but I love the 3 Golds I was able to acquire.

33356210371_8186efd4bc_h.jpg

32640376284_77931b802f_o.png

38831583732_6d0fd1eda3_b.jpg

Great timing getting that Cap #1!  Looks like its going to start climbing, finally. :)

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, AJD said:

I saw the title and thought I'd chime in with my top 3. Then I read through the thread, and now I'm with Charlie Brown.

PE600814-LR.jpg

Don't give in to that sort of thinking!!

It's a simple (if sobering) reality that fandom here assembled represents what appears to be a very wide range of budgets. I am as floored as the next boardie by the keys and bigger keys and higher-grade keys and so forth, but on some level, I really appreciate the stuff that the box-divers cull together on a more limited budget. Trust me: if I woke up tomorrow with the winning powerball ticket, darn straight you'd see me holding a mid to high-grade Marvel Comics 1, Cap 1 and Whiz 1 by this time next year, but it's the under-the-radar stuff that really makes me feel over and over again that this is one cool hobby.

Remember the old adage that it's the $2 window at the racetrack that keeps it going.

That having been pontificated upon to too fine a point, my three favorites on the year would probably all hail from this small group of books I bought from a friend, as this was a very modest year for me in comics. I'm going with the Buccaneers and Strange Suspense Stories in the top row and the Two-Fisted Tales in the second row.

45334816.99dd1789.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

I bought about as few comics in 2017 as I've ever bought, but on the other hand I was about as happy with this purchase as I've ever been with any purchase.

Mystery Men 3.jpg

Wow!  I'm sure all else would pale to that one, so if you were going end the year with one biggie, I'd say you had a successful year!  :cloud9:

1 hour ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

It's difficult to narrow it down to three, but I'll go with these Tessie themed beauties... :cloud9:

jok1.80a.jpg

gay1.36a.jpg

tes1.31a.jpg

With all the great books you have posted this year , I don’t know how you narrowed it down to three.  The 3 you chose are great, especially the Gay 18.