• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 3 pick ups of 2017
7 7

240 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, mstrange said:

My 3  picks for 2017

IMG_20171209_210655.jpg

Great pick-ups all! That True Crime logo is one of the best of all-time and the rest of the cover is flawlessly put together as well. Definitely one of my favorite classic covers this side of More Fun 54.

p.s. And I always have mad love for the great Atlas books, and those are two of the greatest. You had a very fine year!  (thumbsu

On 12/10/2017 at 10:54 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks to @Junkdrawer for launching this thread. So many great books here on the boards -- such a satisfying stroll through the GA of funny books!

I've whittled down my 2017 purchases to these 3:

(1) Science Comics #4. Arrived just in time for 2017! Berk collection and highest graded. The photo doesn't begin to do justice to the incredible cover gloss.

(2) Planet Comics #6. Hard to find in any grade. Berk collection. My first Larson. Fanged bird monster and lots of tiny people bots.

(3) Wonder Comics #2. Fox's second outing and "last" issue. Lou Fine and a hypnotized giant ape. Nuff said.

OAXUwd9.jpg

dNquVJb.jpg

YfylbA4.jpg

A fantastic three!  Every time someone posts a Planet Comics it makes me want to start collecting the run...

Then I look into my wallet and laugh

Kalessi Laughing.gif