• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! The 1.5 Cap 1 in the CC auction already at 51k!

60 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Riddler said:

The 2.5 on clink has had a max bid at $77,777 for the longest time with no one willing to bid more.  I would have thought that would put a ceiling on the 1.5 Comicconnect copy at most $31-35k per point

It sometimes only takes one sale to push another over the top. If (when) the 1.5 sells for a strong number, it will push the CLINK 2.5 copy to sell at $95K or the $77.7k bid will undoubtedly increase. 

5 minutes ago, Primetime said:

It sometimes only takes one sale to push another over the top. If (when) the 1.5 sells for a strong number, it will push the CLINK 2.5 copy to sell at $95K or the $77.7k bid will undoubtedly increase. 

yup

CL seller is certainly keeping a close watch on the auction. Expect something (price hike or sale) to happen minutes after the CC auction ends.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I knew this copy was going to kick azz when I saw that 2.5 Marvel 1 sell for what it did in the C Link auction. 

I feel like I should send @gregreecean edible arrangement of something for going above and beyond the call of duty when he sold my 5.0 three years ago.  Can't believe it's been that long already.  

@Mmehdy you definitely seem to be a bona fide Cap 1-whisperer.  (thumbsu

-J.

46 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I knew this copy was going to kick azz when I saw that 2.5 Marvel 1 sell for what it did in the C Link auction. 

I feel like I should send @gregreecean edible arrangement of something for going above and beyond the call of duty when he sold my 5.0 three years ago.  Can't believe it's been that long already.  

@Mmehdy you definitely seem to be a bona fide Cap 1-whisperer.  (thumbsu

-J.

How much did the 2.5 Marvel #1 sell for?

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Does this confirm the closing of the gap between Cap1 and Bat 1? 1 year ago Bat 1 2.0 sold for $80K. 

Think Cap 1 HAS surpassed Bat 1 already, and MAY already be positioned as the overall #3 book, ahead of Supes 1.  I think the current hierarchy may be Tec 27, Action 1, Cap 1. NEVER thought that fugly 1.5 Cap 1 would go 70k, that's crazy.

2 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Does this confirm the closing of the gap between Cap1 and Bat 1? 1 year ago Bat 1 2.0 sold for $80K. 

Based on tonight's results on the 1.5, I'd say Cap 1 has passed Bat 1 by a little. This is the largest ppp I've seen a low grade Cap 1 sell for private or public. I know a Bat 1 in 2.0 sold earlier this year for $75k and for more (at least $80k+) after it was flipped.