• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! The 1.5 Cap 1 in the CC auction already at 51k!

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Has this book's time already arrived? Would a Supes 1 in exactly that same shape command 70k?? That copy is UGLY, even for a 1.5.

I believe Supe 1s are running about $70k-$80k per point in low grade, so still stronger than Cap 1....check that, a 1.0 Supe 1 on GPA shows a $110k sale for a 1.0 in Sept 2017 :hi:

Edited by Primetime

9 hours ago, Primetime said:

I believe Supe 1s are running about $70k-$80k per point in low grade, so still stronger than Cap 1....check that, a 1.0 Supe 1 on GPA shows a $110k sale for a 1.0 in Sept 2017 :hi:

WOW. 110k for a 1.0? I stand corrected. But I still maintain Cap 1's time as the #3 book is coming.

17 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

5  years or less depending on how the Marvel movies do...and what happens to CAP

In regards to comic values, that could be said about any Marvel character....    

So what you're saying is:

"depending on how the Marvel movies do...and what happens to CAP, in 5  years or less cap 1 will surpass all except A1/D27."

17 hours ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

Almost makes me want to put mine up for sale...almost. Then I’d just be sad and Capless.

Nope your copy is to high grade :baiting:Only the beat lower grade copy's go for over 50k you be lucky to get 30 for your's:whistle: I know someone that might give you 35 hm

27 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

...and as predicted the 2.5 has immediately *poofed* from comiclink. 

-J.

to surely show up on CC's March auction. Right move.

Edited by Gotham Kid

11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The $95k buy price doesn't seem so bad now after the 1.5 sale. I think if the 1.5 looked better and with no tape, it could fetch $80k+

If I was in the market for a copy I would have hit the BIN on that 2.5 at full price by the time the 1.5 was at $51k.  

I'm suspecting that's what happened , if the seller just didn't in fact pull it altogether.  

-J.

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The $95k buy price doesn't seem so bad now after the 1.5 sale. I think if the 1.5 looked better and with no tape, it could fetch $80k+

agreed, and I think Josh owns the 2.5 outright. I noticed it was off the site this morning. I'm guessing he got a private offer north of $95K and sold it or is putting it away for a future auction. Maybe we will see it re-listed at a BIN of $115k - $125K....?

Edited by Primetime

On 12/6/2017 at 11:13 PM, Mmehdy said:

No, cap 1 is underpriced and will surpass all except A1/D27.

I see it hard passing Supe 1 for the time being, but it should pass AA16....and the Joker will always keep Bat 1 within reach...

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Is that really happening ?  Or did Josh just sell/buy it ?

-J.

Wasn't aware Josh owned it. He owns that juicy Bats 1 5.0 Conserved that will go to auction. :x

Edited by Gotham Kid

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Sqeggs said:

I was astounded by this result.  Not like this was a 1.5 of which you could say, "Yeah, but it sure presents well."  This was a 1.5 that gloried in its 1.5iness.  

Like a man of 60 who doesn't look a day over 70.

32 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

Like a man of 60 who doesn't look a day over 70.

That's what you get when only two or three blue labels come up for sale publicly in a year.  :tonofbricks: Like others have said, a "prettier" 1.5 might have broken $80k.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 12/9/2017 at 11:41 AM, Sqeggs said:

I was astounded by this result.  Not like this was a 1.5 of which you could say, "Yeah, but it sure presents well."  This was a 1.5 that gloried in its 1.5iness.  

The owner should still feel proud.  Any Cap 1 is a great one!