• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #497 Cert.185 of 500 signed Jim Aparo

2 posts in this topic

I am new to this may be a dumb question,I have a Batman #497 Nightfall ll Comic Man Cert.Of Authenticity number 185 of 500 signed by artist Jim Aparo been in a sleave been stored for about 15 years, my question is is it worth having it graded being its a newer comic 1993 I believe. Thanks P

You can go on ebay and try to look at completed sales to get an idea of how much graded and ungraded copies sell for.  Note that the price is LARGELY dependent on the grade of the book, with 9.8 essentially being very close to perfect.

Then you can compare the cost of your expected sale of the graded book with the costs of grading (shipping, grading, insurance) to see if it meets your profit preferences, especially in association with your ability to accurately self-grade your book.

For your specific case, it should be noted that an unwitnessed signature on the cover will likely lower the grade (if you want a universal blue label), or result in a green label (if you want the signature ignored for the purpose of grading), both of which will likely lower the value of the book relative to a CGC SS (witnessed signature), or CGC graded higher. 

But the shorter answer is that its very unlikely that it wouldn't be worth it for you to get it graded if your plan is to resell it.  For sentimental purposes...its more subjective.