• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Comic Posters
2 2

57 posts in this topic

I will be offering my standard raffle prize of 10-20 posters featuring comic book characters for this years raffle. Again. I was concerned the posters were not a good entry but then one or two boardies mentioned after the raffle that the posters were in their lists. I was pleased to hear that. They are also a sweet gift for youngsters in the family and my kid just gave two to her teachers to hang in the classroom after the teachers expressed interest in certain characters. (No, I don't know what is going on in that school...) I realized that I might have some space for a poster or two of my own and am thinking of those Marvel posters that Moebius did. I dig those. Here are two.

moebius-iron-man-1990.jpg

detail5.jpg

That got me to thinking about my favorite comic posters. In high school I had the Punisher Zeck/Zimmelman thing (flag on a stick thing?) and McFarlane Hulk/Wolvie poster on my walls. That McFarlane poster was awesome. In college I put the Golden Dr Strange portfolio plates throughout my off campus loft (actually an attic, but loft is so much more collegiate). My cousin had some of the black light posters but I myself never dug those until I became an old man.

So what are your favorite comic posters? I would love to see them.

I bought this TMNT poster with my lunch money when I was 10 and gave it to my brother, he was 4. He kept it in good condition, it is now in my comic closet. 

I like when you can buy the posters that are wrapped in plastic with a board like this suicide squad. Makes a good counter protector. 

I have a 70 years of marvel poster that I'm proud of. 

20171206_172319.jpg

20171206_172401.jpg

20171206_172451.jpg

On 12/6/2017 at 6:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I bought this TMNT poster with my lunch money when I was 10 and gave it to my brother, he was 4. He kept it in good condition, it is now in my comic closet. 

I like when you can buy the posters that are wrapped in plastic with a board like this suicide squad. Makes a good counter protector. 

I have a 70 years of marvel poster that I'm proud of. 

20171206_172319.jpg

20171206_172401.jpg

20171206_172451.jpg

The last one looks like a collage of refrigerator magnets. Very nice!

These are pretty groovy everyone. Thanks for sharing.

I also have these on the inside of my comics closet (well, one of my two comics closets). No one would know that there are there except me; they are from the era I converted the closet to comic shelves.

DQjvt7RVwAAfPHF.jpgDQjvt7QUEAA426f.jpgDQjvt7RUIAAyw_B.jpg

Clearly I am not a professional photographer....the angle was the only way at the to avoid the glare....I am pretty sure I bought these (Blk Lght) at Spencer's Gifts....Where I got the Cap, I can't remember...anybody remember it's origin?

20171208_191327.jpg

20171208_191426.jpg

20171208_191412.jpg

Edited by JohnFranklin

On 12/6/2017 at 4:44 PM, Bird said:

I realized that I might have some space for a poster or two of my own and am thinking of those Marvel posters that Moebius did. I dig those. Here are two.

a little over a month ago I went to an estate sale, the guy collected some Moebius books (picked them all up) and also had 4 of the posters still in the original wrapping. He had the Elektra, Wolverine (very hard to find), Iron Man and Daredevil. I picked up about 9 posters in total (including a Moebius Silver Surfer  - from the limited series) and paid $15 for all them.

The others were a McFarlane Hulk poster, a Lady Death/Dawn poster and a Dave Stevens poster

Marvel_Hulk.jpg

b18dbde060731c49eea26d7c847fefa5.jpg

Edited by jsilverjanet

Always loved this rework of the Perez wraparound Crisis cover, by Alex Ross.  Had it for a long time and never got it framed, which would've been a fortune.  Then it got water damaged.

06Mlfwb.jpg

Edited by Transplant