• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Comic Posters
2 2

57 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, JohnFranklin said:

Clearly I am not a professional photographer....the angle was the only way at the to avoid the glare....I am pretty sure I bought these (Blk Lght) at Spencer's Gifts....Where I got the Cap, I can't remember...anybody remember it's origin?

20171208_191327.jpg

20171208_191426.jpg

Are those reproductions of the old Third Eye blacklight posters?

3 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:
4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Are those reproductions of the old Third Eye blacklight posters?

Don't think so....I bought as a kid back in 1971.....

They had Spencer's back then?

I know I got mine at an import plaza.

13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

They had Spencer's back then?

I know I got mine at an import plaza.

Before Spencers there were head shops, at least in NJ. The surf shop in Toms River sold concert tickets, bongs, posters, comics, incense, and assorted sundries as well as surf stuff. (I bought a tee shirt there around 1983 that was Ernie Bushmiller's Nancy with sunglasses on (to avoid copyright I guess) that my friend referred to as the "blind Nancy" shirt. I search online for it every once in a while but no luck so far.

48 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Never seen this before, is it a blacklight poster?

Like the Third Eye postcards it has the black light colours and look but not a true black light poster when you use the light on it.

Not fuzzy either like some posters of that era. lol 

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Like the Third Eye postcards it has the black light colours and look but not a true black light poster when you use the light on it.

Not fuzzy either like some posters of that era. lol 

When I first read your post, I was thinking of a different kind of 70's  fuzzy, then I realized those black light posters in which the surface really was fuzzy.  I was never a big fan of that kind of fuzzy.

s-l1600.jpg

In the late 1970s, I had a poster like this hanging in my room as a kid-- not that I was a big Meat Loaf fan or anything-- just liked the artwork which reminded me of Frazetta. It was drawn by Richard Corben though. Might still have it-- I have a ton of my old posters in various tubes that I have moved around with me the past 40 years.

This thread has me tempted to look through my old posters to see what I have. Can't recall any comic related ones though.