• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guesses Comic Connect AC1 Close Tonight

39 posts in this topic

With just over an hour left before lots begin to close, and the Action #1 (8.0 conserved) at just over $400K, I am wondering where board members think this will close at.

Get your guesses in soon....

In addition, you can try guessing at what time the AC1 will actually finally close.

Good luck, and start guessing.....

37 minutes ago, comicjack said:

575k for me   most books like this take 45 to 60 minutes to close

With only 30 minutes left, you appear to be the only person with enough confidence to make a guess.

*I am thinking more like 20 - 30 minutes to close.  Final hammer????

Considering the last conserved sale went for about 40% of the universal value this was a good buy (not that I have 500k to throw around). A universal 8.0 has to be 1.5m book, so the winner got it for a third of the price.

I agree that an unrestored would clear 1.5M.

Not to change the subject, but even the AF15 4.0 seemed to go a for a little less than I was expecting (but was not the great deal the AC1 was).

I would have thought the AF15 would have brought another $1,000 or so.  Then again there have been a LOT of those coming to market recently, so perhaps the supply is a little overweight right now.

(shrug)

25 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

461? That's really weak IMO.

Agree with this. This book was exceptional. Thought it would have gone up to 750K.

Edited by Gotham Kid

28 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

461? That's really weak IMO. I think if it had been a Tec 27 in the same grade it would have gone 600k. I think an argument can be made for Tec 27 being the real #1 book in the hobby now, seriously.

well I respectfully disagree.  I don't think it's just a matter of price.  This book belongs at the top of the stack for a host of reasons beyond just price and that simply will never change.  I also don't consider this a hobby :whistle:

38 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Well that ended quicker than I thought.

$461,555 @ 7:07.

somewhere over $407,000.00.

:acclaim:

I took a quick look expecting to see it in extended bidding, so I was surprised.   But then I realized that not so long ago it would have been called restored, altered, not genuine, etc.   If you don't remember those days, it is literally (not literally as "virtually" but literally) impossible to overstate how much it would have been denigrated ten years ago or even  five .  So for it to go nearly half a mil is no small thing, and it's got people saying there's room to flip it.

Edited by bluechip

6 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I took a quick look expecting to see it in extended bidding, so I was surprised.   But then I realized that not so long ago it would have been called restored, altered, not genuine, etc.   If you don't remember those days, it is literally (not literally as "virtually" but literally) impossible to overstate how much it would have been denigrated ten years ago or even  five .  So for it to go nearly half a mil is no small thing, and it's got people saying there's room to flip it.

I remember those "long ago" days. lol 

I also remember back in the 80s when restoration was actually thought to increase the value of a book.

I would be interested to know what the "unrestored" grade would have been on this book.

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

I agree that an unrestored would clear 1.5M.

Not to change the subject, but even the AF15 4.0 seemed to go a for a little less than I was expecting (but was not the great deal the AC1 was).

I would have thought the AF15 would have brought another $1,000 or so.  Then again there have been a LOT of those coming to market recently, so perhaps the supply is a little overweight right now.

(shrug)

Strong price so so much chipping and a weak spine at the left top.