• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guesses Comic Connect AC1 Close Tonight

39 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Don't know exact number but I think it was over 500K

I guess, it's not a exact science to evaluate perfectly on restored comics. But we can agree, entry levels/to own a copy of mega keys are up there.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

13 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I guess, it's not a exact science to evaluate perfectly on restored comics. But we can agree, entry levels/to own a copy of mega keys are up there.

Don't think anyone will ever find a complete copy of Tec 27 or Action 1 for less than 200k now, even extensively restored/trimmed whatever.

The price ratios for unrestored vs. conserved/restored widen as the grade goes up. An urestored 5.5 sold for 956K in 2016, and a conserved 5.5 for 393K last summer.  Even if the 2016 sale was high for the time (it was a pretty copy), I don't imagine another would sell for less now. That's a roughly 60% discount for conserved in midgrade.

I can't see an unrestored 8.0 selling for less than 2 million now,  so this sale would represent more than a 75% discount due to conservation. Seems like a relative bargain, as I'm not sure you could get an unrestored 3.0 for the same price anymore.

5 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Thought that cover art would go for a fortune, as the only known surviving production material for Action 1. 

I think 177 is plenty!   More of a problem of a high reserve if you ask me.   

1 hour ago, twmjr1 said:

Don't think anyone will ever find a complete copy of Tec 27 or Action 1 for less than 200k now, even extensively restored/trimmed whatever.

I am thinking absolute lowest possible condition is at lest $125K (possibly $150K), but I could be way off.

Would like Gator to weigh in on this as he has a good thumb on the market.

58 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I am thinking absolute lowest possible condition is at lest $125K (possibly $150K), but I could be way off.

Would like Gator to weigh in on this as he has a good thumb on the market.

No way in hell you'll find a complete copy of either book for less than 200k. If anyone has a complete Action 1 for sale for 150, count me very interested.

26 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

No way in hell you'll find a complete copy of either book for less than 200k. If anyone has a complete Action 1 for sale for 150, count me very interested.

A copy sold last year for $110K.  Don't think that copy would sell for $200K today.  IMO.

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

thanks.   Yeah, that's about as rough as it gets and then brittle pages too... 

Agreed!!!  That is about as beat up and ragged as they come, however, twmjr1  simply said it needed to be complete.

This book was not only complete, but "unrestored".