• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE. (end of the) PLANET. SALE.........Get In Here!
5 5

294 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

Here' s my last UNRESTORED filler copy.....I think, like the #8 before it, one lucky buyer will have found their forever copy....

#7 - Former CGC 5.5 - $1500 - Awesome spacecraft cover with dynamite color strike. One piece of old tape interior, tiny fleck of ink out mid right cover. Some indentations on cover. Glossy and lovely with a supple interior.  SCARCE BOOK. 

007 (1).jpg

007 (2).jpg

007 (3).jpg

You call that a filler!?!?!?!?!?

That number 9 is probably the coolest book in this thead, which is saying a WHOLE LOT!

And Susan Cicconi is certainly among the very best in the world at this. 

This thread is a whole lotta awesome.

:tink:

Can't freakin' wait for my book! So lucky to have stumbled across this.

Edited by newshane

5 minutes ago, torontodesignguy said:

such great books - while the books are trimmed - I like that that the trimming wasn't done recently and isn't part of an attempt to improve the eye appeal  - but rather part of a binding process. 

glwts and congrats to the buyers. 

Yes, these books were bound in 1940-41 (and bound very well  with minimal damage unlike many bound books). The work Susan had to do was minimal by most standards. Yes, the three edges were trimmed, but right at the beginning and have near-a-century of patina on them. Plus, since they were bound that first year,  they were well protected for 85 years. Opening these books are what it is like looking at a Mile High book (in my HUMBLE  opinion...I've had a few)

Edited by Soft-Serve

1 minute ago, newshane said:

That number 9 is probably the coolest book in this thead, which is saying a WHOLE LOT!

And Susan Cicconi is certainly among the very best in the world at this. 

This thread is a whole lotta awesome.

:tink:

You got that right brother, on all counts, except you haven't seen the next 5 books yet. I'm gonna make some believers tonight....

This one is gonna bring a few tears to the eyes of many a boardie....

#5 - Former Restored (Moderate) CGC 7.0 - $1250 - SOLD TO ARTBOY99 - Rest assured, this one is a nice as all the others, which are consistently graded at 8.0-9.0. Must have been an off-day when this one came through. As before, this is formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Deeeep purple and reds, hard to find on this issue. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up.

green_sold_sign_h.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

Just now, Soft-Serve said:

This one is gonna bring a few tears to the eyes of many a boardie....

#5 - Former Restored (Moderate) CGC 7.0 - $1250 - Rest assured, this one is a nice as all the others, which are consistently graded at 8.0-9.0. Must have been an off-day when this one came through. As before, this is formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Deeeep purple and reds, hard to find on this issue. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up.

The following pictures DO NOT do this book justice. 

005 (1).jpg

005 (2).jpg

005 (3).jpg

Take it

2 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

You got that right brother, on all counts, except you haven't seen the next 5 books yet. I'm gonna make some believers tonight....

* Looks at bank account...takes Mylanta...looks at the wedding ring on my finger and hears the wife in the next room...drink more...check bank account again *

#4 - Former Restored (Moderate) CGC 8.0 - $1050 NOW $750 - SOLD TO GOLDENCASE Such a great cover, you almost never see it. Formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Deeeep blues, hard to find on this issue. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up. (it's probably the Church copy...)

green_sold_sign_h.png.357b20fc3e36e854c46e08505aad4ffa.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

#3 - Former Restored (Moderate) CGC 7.0 - $1200 NOW - $850   SOLD TO MYSTERRMYSTERY - An Eisner classic AND A HARD book to find. Rest assured, this one is a nice as all the others, which are consistently graded at 8.0-9.0. Must a have been an off-day when this one came through. As before, this is formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Acid yellows and inky blacks on this cover, truly hard to find on this issue. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up.

green_sold_sign_h.png.357b20fc3e36e854c46e08505aad4ffa.png

Edited by Soft-Serve