• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE. (end of the) PLANET. SALE.........Get In Here!
5 5

294 posts in this topic

If you ever wanted to own a piece of history, this is your chance. The very first dedicated Sci-fi comic. You WILL NOT find a nicer copy anywhere near this price. I wouldn't even think about it, just buy. 

This is it folks. I'm out. 

#1 - Former Graded Restored (Moderate) 8.5 - $4500 SOLD TO GOLDENCASE - Formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Deep reds and inky blacks. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label, picture upon request. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute an try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up. Closest thing to an Edgar Church you are gonna see. 

green_sold_sign_h.png

Edited by Soft-Serve

58 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

#10 - Former Restored (Moderate) GRADED 8.5 - $850 - Formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The blacks are inky and oranges electric. Newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up. Label picture available upon request, included in sale. 

010 (1).jpg

010 (2).jpg

:takeit:

54 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

#9 - Former Restored (Moderate) GRADED 9.0 - $850 - This was the one that changed my mind about restored books. Since I would never own an unrestored copy that looks this nice, I took a chance and bought it.  I'm glad I did. It's just so gorgeous. Once I learned there were others JUST LIKE IT, I nearly lost my mind (as Rick) Anyway, as before, it is from a formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label, picture upon request. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up. Label picture available upon request, included in sale. 

**Sorry about these pictures, they do not do this book justice....

009 (1a).jpg

009 (2).jpg

44 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

#6 - Former Restored (Moderate) CGC 8.5 - $950 - Formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The colors on this cover must be seen to be believed. Deeeep purple and reds, hard to find on this issue. (Hard to find issue at that)  Absolutely newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label. SCARCE BOOK. Take a minute and try to imagine what the price is for its unrestored counterpart....Better yet - look it up.

006 (1).jpg

006 (2).jpg

006 (3).jpg

1 hour ago, Soft-Serve said:

#12 - Former Restored (Moderate) GRADED 9.0 - $900 - Formerly from a bound volume, fully restored by the renowned Susan Cicconi at Restoration Lab. Fantastic copy, you'll never see another one this nice for so cheap. The blues and golds on this cover are unreal. (I can't stress that enough) Newstand fresh. It's clear that this book was protected since the month it was printed. Comes with label, picture available upon request. 

012 (1).jpg

012 (2).jpg

1 hour ago, Soft-Serve said:

#19 - Conserved 5.0 - $400 - This is a tough one grade.  Iconic Spiderweb/GGA Cover that presents like a VF- easy. Glossy, Flat, superb DEEP color, and great PQ. The catch: Someone cleanly cut off the back cover near the spine. It survived with the book somehow, and was reattached with archival tape. It's a very neat repair, and not easy to spot at first glance. Also detached CF. Anyway, good luck finding this a #19 that presents this well, for this price. The definition of no-brainer folks.

019 (1).jpg

019 (2).jpg

2 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

#18 - FN - $1350 - Hands-down best GGA Bondage Planet Cover IMO. VERY hard to find in grade. Seriously. Took me years and umpteen undercopies. This copy is presents very much like a VF, but is kept relatively affordable because of a little damage lrhc of cover including tiny corner stain that goes in 2 pages, minuscule edge wear upper back cover, and small hold near spine on middle of back cover, tiny edge tear front cover. Name signed in ink, inside front cover (no trace of it front front) Excellent page quality, glossy cover, flat and solid book. Fantastic blues on this cover, very rich.

018 (1).jpg

018 (2).jpg