• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE. (end of the) PLANET. SALE.........Get In Here!
5 5

294 posts in this topic

RECAP:

What Has Sold, and What is Available:

Last Update: 3:30PM EST, 12/10/17

SOLD OUT!!

SOLD:

#73 - BigHaley

#72 - JustJimN

#71 - JustJimN

#70 - Rick

#69 - Mystafo

#68 - Mystafo

#67 - GoldenCase

#64 - Bentbryan

#62 - Goldlust

#61 - Wally's Comics

#60 - BuscemasAvengers

#59 - n2wdw 

#58 - JustJimN

#57 - Rick

#55 - SurfCityComics

#54 - n2wdw 

#51 - ThothAmon

#50 - SurfCityComics

#48 - NewShane

#47 - SurfCityComics

#46 - JustJimN

#45 - Zolnerowich

#43 - JustJimN

#42 - Funny Books

#41 - Changer

#40 - Rick

#38 - Rick

#37 - misterrmystery

#36 - Rick

#35  - SuperGrover

#34 - SuperGrover

#32 - GoldenCase

#29 - Dayzen

#28 - ThothAmon

#27 - Changer

#25 - GoldLust

#23 - Changer

#22 - SuperGrover

#19 - FastEddie

#18 - Comicdey

#16 - golden43tiger

#12 - Comicdey

#11 - Comicdey

#10 - Comicdey

#9 - Comicdey

#8 - golden43tiger

#7 - entalmighty1

#6 - Comicdey

#5 - Artboy99

#4 - GoldenCase

#3 - Misterrmystery

#2 - RODDULATE

#1 - GOLDENCASE

AVAILABLE:  SOLD OUT!!!!

Edited by Soft-Serve

2 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Ok folks, that's a wrap. What a ride!

I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for me. I must say, selling them was (almost) as fun as buying them, but alas, I will have to ship them out soon and that will hurt a bit. (cue empathy)

This community is great and I've always come here first. In fact, I've bought more than half of my various collections here over the years. You just can't beat buying from trusted friends. While I have a few more books to sell over the next few months (don't get excited, they aren't too remarkable), I'm nominally no longer a comic collector. It's hard to say that as I've been one, off and on, for decades. The decision to sell now wasn't just to help out with a house, but more a personal decision to focus on other things for the second half. I had more fun than I should admit tracking down these books, and then putting together one-by-one to suit my tastes. It's been gratifying beyond-words that all of you share the admiration I have for these books. I'm happy they are all going to friends, new and old. 

Invoices will go out tomorrow morning, and shipping will begin on Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your invoices to make sure that I've got you down for the right books. I've done well to keep things organized, but more eyes are always a help. 

Anyway, as I said before, thank you all for the well-wishes, concern, advice, and of course, purchases. I just told my wife that we'll be able to afford a downpayment on a house in the spring and she started crying. Couldn't have done that without everyone's support these past few days. Thank you for making this sale successful, but more than that, memorable. What a great way to go out! 

the-end.jpg

Congratulations on an epic thread sir.  I'm glad you were able to move your collection to the hands of others that will appreciate them like you did!  Here's hoping you and the wife find a great house, and don't be a stranger on the boards just because you aren't actively collecting (for now)! :foryou: 

6 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Ok folks, that's a wrap. What a ride!

I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for me. I must say, selling them was (almost) as fun as buying them, but alas, I will have to ship them out soon and that will hurt a bit. (cue empathy)

This community is great and I've always come here first. In fact, I've bought more than half of my various collections here over the years. You just can't beat buying from trusted friends. While I have a few more books to sell over the next few months (don't get excited, they aren't too remarkable), I'm nominally no longer a comic collector. It's hard to say that as I've been one, off and on, for decades. The decision to sell now wasn't just to help out with a house, but more a personal decision to focus on other things for the second half. I had more fun than I should admit tracking down these books, and then putting together one-by-one to suit my tastes. It's been gratifying beyond-words that all of you share the admiration I have for these books. I'm happy they are all going to friends, new and old. 

Invoices will go out tomorrow morning, and shipping will begin on Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your invoices to make sure that I've got you down for the right books. I've done well to keep things organized, but more eyes are always a help. 

Anyway, as I said before, thank you all for the well-wishes, concern, advice, and of course, purchases. I just told my wife that we'll be able to afford a downpayment on a house in the spring and she started crying. Couldn't have done that without everyone's support these past few days. Thank you for making this sale successful, but more than that, memorable. What a great way to go out! 

the-end.jpg

amazing thread. Glad that my small purchase will help make something special happen.