• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mistake
2 2

83 posts in this topic

I was looking at a nice comic, then some tape got accidently stuck to the cover, when I went to pull it off, it ripped part of the cover...it was amazing spider man 25

Edited by Yodisd

I drank a fifth of wild turkey Monday night and got one demerit.  Please discuss your failings.

Just now, ygogolak said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You're probably the button humper

Is it an innie or an outie?

I felt the pressure, pervert

9 hours ago, Yodisd said:

I was looking at a nice comic, then some tape got accidently stuck to the cover, when I went to pull it off, it ripped part of the cover...it was amazing spider man 25

Thank you for coming to the CGC confessional to confess your grave sin.  What shall the penance be to absolve this lost soul of his transgressions?

You are not alone.

When I was grading my books a couple of years back I did not think :makepoint:  and laid a Mylite on top of my DD 131. 

The Mylite had tape residue (tsk) and when I went to lift the Mylite off it stuck to the cover and...

A tear to the top left of the cover. doh! :facepalm:

What would have been a FN- 5.5 dropped to a GD/VG 3.0.

Daredevil 131 GD-VG 3.0 or FN-5.5 Without Tear.JPG

10 hours ago, Yodisd said:

I'm unclear... does the Amazing Spider-Man 25 belong to you or were you "looking at" someone else's copy when the mistake occurred?

I met a guy from a craigslist deal for a raw ST110 a few years back.  I asked him if I could look at it out of the mylar, but I didn't realize he didn't know how to handle comics.  Same thing happened.... tape stuck on cover.... I asked him to slowly separate the tape or it would rip the color off... he didn't listen and yanked it.  The result is the white spot in the red under the word "Paste".

I got a heavy discount on the comic, which was nice, but I think it would have been a 6.5 -7.0 without the tape pull.

P1060001.JPG

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

I got a heavy discount on the comic, which was nice, but I think it would have been a 6.5 -7.0 without the tape pull.

still looks great Gadzooks and i wouldn't even have noticed the tape pull if you hadn't pointed it out .....

50 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

still looks great Gadzooks and i wouldn't even have noticed the tape pull if you hadn't pointed it out .....

I thought CGC graded it super harshly.  I had it pegged as a 7.0 even with the tape pull.  It had 2 name stamps on the back so I think that helped to pull it down.

5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:
50 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I thought CGC graded it super harshly.  I had it pegged as a 7.0 even with the tape pull.  It had 2 name stamps on the back so I think that helped to pull it down.

I can't really tell with the book in the slab and no BC scan/pic, but it sure looks nicer than 5.5.