• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo MYSTERY BOXES 2017
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, was wondering if anyone ordered one of fan expos xmas mystery boxes this year?

For those not in the know, fan expo does 2 types of mystery boxes every year, one that costs 40$ and one that costs 80$

it contains, 2 exclusive goodies aka toys, 3/6 exclusive comics depending on your package, and an autographed pictures of a random fan expo celeb guest. the 40$ box is the C list celebs and the 80$ box is for their better guests.

I didn't get one last year but me and a friend decided why not give it a shot and see what we get? worst case we can trade between us if we got some stuff we didn't like....

Well, I Just got mine and i'm beyond unimpressed (I know i know its what I get for ordering one in the first place) but here's the thing... My friend also ordered one and we opened them together at the same time and wouldn't you know it? We got the exact same things! 

I mean EXACT. Same Lunchbox, Same comics, Same autographed photo (The guy who played Abraham from the Walking dead... Big woop)

I'm not all upset about the value of what I got, I almost expected that, but i'm really cheesed that our 2 boxes (ordered at different times on different accounts) were the exact same.

Thats shady as all hell if you ask me! makes me think the selection of what they advertised as what you can get is a lie.

Anyways, if you got one what was in yours?! 

I know it says all sales final no refunds but I feel like I got hosed pretty bad lol theres no way our two boxes should have been the same...

Typical INFORMA company though. just another reason why I won't attend another fan expo show.

I digress. If you got one share your spoils!

Our boxes contained

1- Retro Amazing spider-man Lunch box

1 Fan expo Dallas Batman Toon tumber Cup

1 Love is Love exclusive Trade paper back

1 Generations wolverine Artgerm Color Exclusive

1 My Little pony exclusive (lol so lame)

1 Doctor Who 9th Dr exclusive

1 Robotech Artgerm Foil cover exclusive

1 multiversity dc exclusive

1 autographed photo of the big guy with red hair and a moustashe from the Walking Dead TV show.

What a jip!

My friend tried out a $25 mystery box from ECCC last year. That was one of the ECCC fan options where you buy T-shirts, mugs, souvenirs... you get what I mean. 

We were debating about getting a t-shirt to take with us home.

I said to him that I will buy a nice T-shirt with a retro design.

He said that it is expensive. 

I said, Well ... it is what they price them.(shrug)

He said , I will go for one of the mystery boxes. They are better valued (I call it cheap) with more stuff!  

I said, There must be a reason why they priced them low. I don’t trust these boxes. I tried to :baiting:him to buy a nice T-shirt. He didn’t and went buy the $25 Mystery Box. 

At the end , I have a nice T-shirt. He got what was in the box ... a PINK t-shirt (from last year!), one cheesy plastic toy, and one other whatcha you call this.  I lol at him and expressed “I Told You” face. Now he get why they are called MYSTERY boxes!

These items were the overstock items leftover from past years by ECCC ... herce why they sell them cheap. :blahblah:

Mystery boxes are generally only beneficial to the couple people who get the rare item and everyone else are losers.  Gambling at it's finest.  Mystery Boxes without chase items are just plain stupid from a buyers perspective since there is only disappointment for most of the buyers.

17 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

Hi all, was wondering if anyone ordered one of fan expos xmas mystery boxes this year?

What a jip!

lol

My Fan Expo Premium Mystery Box contained the following:

Spider-Man Lunchbox

Fan Expo Bag

Marvel Legacy #1 Convention Virgin Edition

Robotech #1 Boston Comic Con Foil Edition

Amazing Spider-Man #25 Fan Expo Edition (Immonen Variant)

Assassin's Creed #1 Fan Expo Edition

Batman & Robin Eternal #1 Fan Expo Edition

My Little Pony Fiendish Mare #1 Fan Expo Variant

Love is Love TPB

Nathan Fillion autograghed 8x10 (Fillon sitting on a "Castle" gravestone)