• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Official Holiday Raffle thread
9 9

754 posts in this topic

Ho ho ho! Hello again, everyone!! :hi:

Welcome to the Official 2017 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle. 

Cut-off for prize donations is Monday, December 25th at 12:00 Noon ET.

RAFFLE WILL BEGIN on Friday, December 29th at Noon!!! The video of drawing and name order, will be posted the night before on Wednesday. Good luck everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will list the rules and requirements below. 

For all of those that are in the Gift Exchange, if you haven't told HollyJollyOne what your donation is yet, you can send me a PM and let me know what it is.  

Many new participants have been asking what to donate so I have included the link to the Raffle from two years ago below. Perhaps HollyJollyOne can post a link to last year’s raffle here as well. :foryou: 

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9064460&fpart=1

If you are not part of the Gift Exchange, yet would still like to be in the Raffle, you will need to donate a prize. Simply PM me your Raffle prize and you will automatically be entered into the Raffle and therefore eligible to win prizes.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO OFFER INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING OF YOUR DONATION

If you don't stipulate any shipping restrictions, it will be understood that the person donating the prize will look after 100% of the shipping costs.

Your name will only be entered once in this draw, no matter how many prizes you donate. I know that's not an incentive to donate more than one prize, but feel free to do so if you'd like.  :) Many people do donate more than one prize.

***********The 2017 Holiday Raffle Prize Selection Form is linked below***********

2017 Holiday Raffle Prize Selection Form

2) You do not have to rank every available prize but if all your choices are already claimed we will give you the lowest numbered prize available.

3) For all of those people who don’t  fill out the ranking form you will have 5 minutes to choose live. If you miss your turn, your pick goes on hold until you come back. Potentially, many many others can pick ahead of your spot, if you don't fill out the form (or PM me your list of choices).

4) My 2 little helpers will draw all the raffle participants to determine the picking order.

Now that all the details have been mentioned, let’s get to the prizes. (thumbsu 

*cue HollyJollyOne to list the raffle donations that he’s aware of  

Edited by HolidayHam

I am in!

Bird's Bounty! A three stage gift for the comic lover.

(1) At least 10 comic posters (general size 24X36 Marvel/DC mix and I will give the recipient a choice of what I have, some are movie posters but most are comic characters...and one or two girly posters and a Mariano Rivera).

(2) A large box of comics consisting of short runs/miniseries with about half very modern and half Bronze / Copper Marvel.

(3) One piece of drawn art by a published comic artist. This could be either a sketch card, something drawn at a convention, or a published page. It will more likely than not be a stand alone piece but it could also be in a sketchbook or tpb or some sort. 

I will be offering a Frazetta themed mystery box. It will contain a variety of different items. It won't all be comics. If you like Frazetta, pick this prize. If you don't like Frazetta, think about your life and how it went so wrong. It will definitely contain some magazines, some comics, some weird random stuff and probably some other stuff. You will probably be as happy as this woman was opening her mystery box. 

eotzkFt.gif