• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Island of Misfit Comic Toys Challenge

8 posts in this topic

I'll show a comic ad for an old toy.  First person to show an image and states ownership wins.

Doesn't have to be boxed or Mint on Card but should be 99% complete.

Honor code, people.

Start off easy.  Any of the Evel Knievel sets

img233.jpg.27fec44f902d5c6923f0c4666c7f14d4.jpg

Edited by ft88

3 hours ago, ft88 said:

I'll show a comic ad for an old toy.  First person to show an image and states ownership wins.

Doesn't have to be boxed or Mint on Card but should be 99% complete.

Honor code, people.

Start off easy.  Any of the Evel Knievel sets

img233.jpg.27fec44f902d5c6923f0c4666c7f14d4.jpg

I think I was the only kid in my neighborhood not to own the stunt cycle set...and it was my fault. Like every kid back then, the Evel Knievel toy was at the top of my Xmas list and when I was taken to see Santa (I was probably seven?) I made sure to let him know it was what I wanted more than anything. But when my mom got me home and asked me what I wanted for Xmas I told her something completely different. I figured I didn't need to tell her about the stunt cycle set - I'd already told Santa. Heck, I didn't need two of them...  :tonofbricks:

17 hours ago, ft88 said:

Anyone have an expert lego set?

img194.jpg.ad9db077d841501f09d68946d263a98f.jpg

I remember those ads on the back of my comics and thinking the new Lego was getting waaaay too complicated. I hadn't seen nothing yet. Ever try putting together a Bionicle? When I was a kid, this was about as complicated as you could get...

b2ap3_thumbnail_how-to-identify-authenti