• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you collect comics with nudity?

45 posts in this topic

As a Richard Corben collector, I have to agree with the previous post.

Besides which, a superb comic artist and storyteller.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I don't collect any I guess you would call it mainstream comics with nudity. When I was a kid there was a comic called Vigilante I think and one issue had nudity and that was a surprise to me. I do have some Heavy Metal issues with nudity. I got the erotica issue and I was surprised to find that they all seem to be sex stories. They were good covers but maybe I should have known going by the theme of those covers. There is nudity here and there from what I've seen in Heavy Metal. I've only gotten into the magazine in the last year or so when Grant Morrison took over and got a stack of back issues in their sale. I want to get The Last Resort, an old horror comic which I think has a little nudity. That might be from a mainstream publisher. I need to check. Also I have a Friday the 13th comic run that might have some nudity, I need to check that one too.

I heard Druuna has tons of nudity but I haven't checked that out yet. I have Serpieri's sketchbook and nudity is just the beginning.

Edited by GeneticNinja

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I don't collect any I guess you would call it mainstream comics with nudity. When I was a kid there was a comic called Vigilante I think and one issue had nudity and that was a surprise to me. I do have some Heavy Metal issues with nudity. I got the erotica issue and I was surprised to find that they all seem to be sex stories. They were good covers but maybe I should have known going by the theme of those covers. There is nudity here and there from what I've seen in Heavy Metal. I've only gotten into the magazine in the last year or so when Grant Morrison took over and got a stack of back issues in their sale. I want to get The Last Resort, an old horror comic which I think has a little nudity. That might be from a mainstream publisher. I need to check. Also I have a Friday the 13th comic run that might have some nudity, I need to check that one too.

I heard Druuna has tons of nudity but I haven't checked that out yet. I have Serpieri's sketchbook and nudity is just the beginning.

What an odd coincidence with Druuna/Serpieri. 

I'd forgotten I have some nice grade books from Serpieri.  A couple were doing pretty well not that long ago.  

When I ran across them tonight while selling other books, I decided it's time for them to move on too.  Serpieri's art is really nice (as were a lot that had a similar style and format as the Druuna books).  

Patrick 

I'm not sure if anyone who DOES collect for the nudity would openly state that here due to some ppl being... not nice ppl. 

I myself have covers that have nudity on it, but the same as OP, not because of it. I like Lady Death and a bunch of covers i have show nips (through fabric) but I have them because they only print so many and I love the artists. Dawn McTeigue, Ula Mos, Elias Chatzoudis, Sabine Rich etc. The characters could be fully clothed and it wouldn't matter to me. I would still own the cover.

I do have the XXX variant for Savage Dragon #225, but I didn't know what the image actually was until i opened it. It was a spec book but I don't think it's going anywhere.  

I have some of the initial Hellina Nude covers that were done in black and white. A few of those were actually quite tastefully done and as long as that is the case, I think nude covers can be great. The really sleazy erotic covers that are done by companies like Boundless Comics, which actually is the company producing new Hellina comics now are definitely not for me. They produce title like Belladonna. Even some of EBAS's work is just not for me. My father was a big pin up collector so I grew up really appreciating pin up style artwork. Again, as long as its tastefully done, I think nude comic covers can be great. Alex Ross's Vampirella #1 is a great example. And I feel the same way about nudity with other mediums as well. I own a couple nude oil paintings that are absolutely beautiful and some of the nude photography done by photographers like Russel James & Aurum Lights is absolutely breathtaking. 

For those that are unfamiliar with Aurum Lights, you should really check out the Milky Pin-ups & "Splash Heroes" series. Its some of the coolest digital photography I have seen to date. They do hundreds of real splashes with colored milk and then combine the best splashes in Photoshop to create the final image. "Splash Heroes" focuses on female super heroes. Here are a couple examples:

14200387612.jpg

14200387611.jpg

14200387613.jpg

They actually have 4 of the Splash Heroes pictures available as limited edition prints. If you buy 3 you get a 4th one free. I purchased them and they are definitely beautiful prints. Unfortunately, they haven't released any of the other pictures. I was hoping they would release the whole series as limited edition prints, but its almost been a couple of years now and they haven't released any additional prints. I can only assume that they just didn't sell well. Such a shame as having that full series in a set of limited edition prints would have been amazing. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

2 hours ago, speedcake said:
On 1/18/2018 at 12:38 AM, divad said:

There he goes with the gaping mouth again . . . and is that the biggest one-eyed snake you ever saw??? hm

ya nothing subtle at all going on here  :D

The open mouth thing is a super hot look apparently...

img244_zpsmqgxzkxo.jpg