• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art day - Jim Steranko Color Guides: ST 155 and Nick Fury 2

4 posts in this topic

One of the many things that made Jim Steranko unique was that he insisted on doing his own color guides, rather than relegating that task to a staff colorist. I am fortunate to have landed the color guides to a couple of Steranko Nick Fury stories, which were hand colored by Jim himself, and they are pretty spectacular to see how he envisioned them to look  - they are definitely much more vibrant than the stories in the printed comic since newsprint at the time just didn't pop. Not to mention the amount of time he must've spent on some of the detail and shading.

I've posted the complete Nick Fury story guides from Strange Tales 155 and Nick Fury Agent of Shield 2 in my CAF galleries (link below)  but I'm posting a couple of images below also. Thanks for looking! 

Strange Tales 155: 

http://www.comicartfans.com/my/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=187021

Nick Fury 2:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=187150

ST155Page4.JPG

ST155Page9.JPG

Edited by Sharkey
added link to 2nd gallery

Hey Sharkey I think these are great, thanks for posting them. I am interested in color guides myself, if any of the members have some to sell or trade or know of others that do, please contact me.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by davekarlen

I am interested in authenticatable color guides for a client. He loves daredevil. I am searching for original art for him and would be interested in finding a color guide to go with the original art, if possible. Any suggestions on how to go about that process? I am an art consultant and go in whatever direction my clients do for their art interests.