• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for eBay Store owners

23 posts in this topic

Been about the same as usual (the last couple years at least).  This month was better then last month but I also posted up a bunch of new slabs and they have been selling quickly.  Taking offers seems to be imperative since people did not buy any of the books that accidently got listed without Best Offer and most have sold once I relisted with offers.  Sales do seem to come in batches with a couple guys buying 14 books which had sat for awhile (3 months or more).   Hope things pick up for you!

Edited by 1Cool

I am introducing Southwest Jewelry to my eBay store to take advantage of all my listing opportunities.   So now I am offering Comics, Action Figures, Original Art, Legos... and jewelry. 

Pleased enough that I will renew the store again for another year.   

I am also thinking of offering used clothes.  I lost 40lbs, kept it off and went down a full size. 

Oh and BTW... for those that I have conversed with over the years... YES as a joke I will be offering my old shoes.  (Strangely they seem to sell.)

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am introducing Southwest Jewelry to my eBay store to take advantage of all my listing opportunities.   So now I am offering Comics, Action Figures, Original Art, Legos... and jewelry. 

I am also thinking of offering used clothes.  I lost 40lbs, kept it off and went down a full size. 

Oh and BTW... for those that I have conversed with over the years... YES as a joke I will be offering my old shoes.  (Strangely they seem to sell.)

Sweet, I get a chance to get a crack at some worn Buzzeta sandals! lol

7 hours ago, MedicAR said:

Yes and yes.  

23 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Great job in shedding 40 lbs ! not easy to do !!

On 12/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Great job in shedding 40 lbs ! not easy to do !!

Thanks - After a couple of arm surgeries I packed on some weight because I was not allowed to do anything... like seriously could not do anything.  So 263 to 225 was literally by gym, swimming, getting active again and being able to do stuff while watching what I ate.  Now it seems it has stayed off. 

36 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

The more you have listed, the more you'll sell.  People with 60 listings in their store who are wondering why nothing is moving...you've got to list.  

At times is really hard to do.  I've got 1,000 listings and I'm struggling to keep up with 600 active listing a month.  I use to be at the 250 listing level and it was no problem but with books selling it's be an actual struggle to find time to keep the store filled past the 600 listing level.  This holiday season I'm committed to hitting at least the 750 book mark and maybe even 1,000 books.  Fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

At times is really hard to do.  I've got 1,000 listings and I'm struggling to keep up with 600 active listing a month.  I use to be at the 250 listing level and it was no problem but with books selling it's be an actual struggle to find time to keep the store filled past the 600 listing level.  This holiday season I'm committed to hitting at least the 750 book mark and maybe even 1,000 books.  Fingers crossed.

Unless you have workers - that's more than plenty. 

Everybody has a different strategy, I don't list books less than $15-20. So 250 is good for me. 

14 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Hire a virtual assistant 

1 hour ago, Kevin76 said:

Hire a virtual assistant 

I did hire my daughter to do some bag taping but not sure if she is ready to bump up to scanning responsibilities.  It's my own fault - I just don't feel like scanning after a long day at the office.  But last night I crunched thru 150 magazines while watching Dark so this month should end strong.

I can only keep up with 200-225 listings.  Since Oct 1st, I have sold 336 books for $15,358.  Not bad for a part time effort.  Mind you, one of those sales was a Walking Dead #1 for $1,698.  I try to review EVERY listing after 2 weeks to see if I need to update the description/picture or adjust the price.  I also check to see if that item has had any sales from other sellers.  Scanning is definitely the bottleneck.  

On 12/12/2017 at 12:37 AM, ygogolak said:

Buzzetta x Kanye exclusives

Right after you said this someone offered $25 for a pair of shoes.   I cannot find the other shoe so I had to let the offer expire and then I removed the listing. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 10.26.44 AM.png

Not sure why more of you don't supplement your income selling here as well. I do well and have sales threads
every year here. Its a little more work at once, but you can dictate your prices better with less competition.
Buyers here are selective, but once they know you can grade, pack and ship well they will keep coming back.