• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Submit Ques

3 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to CGC, and have only submitted two books for signature series slabing. The first time was a direct submit into CGC, at New York Comic Con this past October, to have Robert Kirckman sign a Walking Dead book. The second time was this past November at New Jersey Comic Expo for a witnessed signature of Jae Lee. I noticed when both books came back to me, the label only said sign by __________ on this date. Not sign by __________, the date, and the con they were signed at. I've seen CGC SS books on eBay, and online, with the cons that the books where signed at; listed on the label. My question is, for my next submission, how do I get CGC to list on the label the cons that I've got the individual books signed at. Or is this simply something that CGC doesn't do? 

21 hours ago, Spfd18 said:

I'm relatively new to CGC, and have only submitted two books for signature series slabing. The first time was a direct submit into CGC, at New York Comic Con this past October, to have Robert Kirckman sign a Walking Dead book. The second time was this past November at New Jersey Comic Expo for a witnessed signature of Jae Lee. I noticed when both books came back to me, the label only said sign by __________ on this date. Not sign by __________, the date, and the con they were signed at. I've seen CGC SS books on eBay, and online, with the cons that the books where signed at; listed on the label. My question is, for my next submission, how do I get CGC to list on the label the cons that I've got the individual books signed at. Or is this simply something that CGC doesn't do? 

They won't. The books you've seen are very, very old - when CGC did in fact list the convention on the SS label.

They stopped doing that almost 10 years ago.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, mschmidt said:

They won't. The books you've seen are very, very old - when CGC did in fact list the convention on the SS label.

They stopped doing that almost 10 years ago.

Well that kinda sucks. It would be a nice thing to have on the label when your showing off the books to people. But oh well. Thank you for answering my question.