• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Humorous Craigslist Offering
2 2

31 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

There should be a rule against posting nosebleed CGC prices on an online price guide.  The laypeople who use these references don't understand them.  Those two books will never sell, and spend another two decades rotting in a mouldy shed.

We don't need a rule we just need to educate the ignorant.  That website is designed to drive uneducated comic sellers to their sales department.  Where it says highest sale they don't even list the grade they are referencing.  

I would have loved if this guy on craigslist called up that company and started to waste their time based on those figures.

I don't get all the jokes - as soon as I can get to this guy I will!  BARGAIN!  He's clearly an expert as he doesn't want to remove such rare, old comics from their bags to inspect them...

These types of things are just nuts.  But they never stop and really never will.  Heck, how many eBay sellers do you see with insane pricing that somehow have sold 10s of thousands of books?  Crazy.

I think answering these ads and meeting the kinds of delusional people that place them would make an humorous and interesting documentary film. 

Of course if I was a dealer that delt with these dumb-A** on a regular basis I would feel very different about making/watching such a film. 

Edited by NoMan

Here’s the 64 cents Question: anyone ever tried to actually message/call/send the Roman runner to this guy to inquire about his books for sale? :baiting:

Would love to know what his reply is like ...