• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2018 ?
4 4

110 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2017 at 12:38 PM, 1950's war comics said:

wow ! just one to go ... i hope you get it soon !! probably like getting a hole in one in golf though......

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.  There are a few copies around, but they are locked in collections. I haven't seen a copy for sale in the five years or so that I've been looking. 

On 12/10/2017 at 1:57 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Actually, there is a collector from Spain that has a pretty nice collection, not only Detectives. All restored though. He is slowly selling them off to fund his son's doctoral studies.

Here's hoping it's a STEM PhD. :)

On 12/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, Gotham Kid said:

"Cover cleaned" is certainly up there as a value killer. 

2018 will be a great collecting year if I can snag just one of these EC promos I'm missing (of course, finding all 8 would be fine, too :D ):

Across the Seas in a War Torn World
Church that was Built with Bread
KO Punch
Out of the Past a Clue to the Future
Reddy Kilowatt 1B (Reddy Made Magic, 1956)
Reddy Kilowatt 2B (Light's Diamond Jubilee, 1954)
Reddy Kilowatt 3B (Space Kite, S. Calif. edition, 1956)
Wonders of Wire Rope

I'm looking to buy more than sell in 2018. I have 2 people living inside of me - one is a collector that's completing/upgrading a handful of runs and the other is more of an investor.

My collector side doesn't seem to care what the final hammer is so long as I want it. The investor side is always looking for the right price on a high-quality book. So my goals are to meet the needs of both sides:

1) [Collector] Pickup any grade of a missing copy where I have holes. There are too many that I've held out for high grades on for too long and I'm beginning to fear they'll never come around.

2) [Collector] Not start any new runs - focus on existing to free up cash for the investor.

3) [Investor] Finalize my GA valuation model (getting close!) and put it to good use within the following areas: classic covers, Gerber 7+ books, exciting/colorful (female) bondage covers, high-grade copies of early DC and Timely titles. 

Any 3 on this list, but the Suspense 5 would complete my Cole cover run and the 2 at the top would complete my Cole romance covers so they are pretty high on my list.  Although the Terrors would finish my jungle covers and the Aero's would finish off the war covers....  decisions, decisions....      I'll lekely end up picking up whatever becomes available.  :devil:

Pop. Teen-Agers: 8  
True-To-Life Romances 7  
Criminals on the Run Vol.4 #3  
Guns Against Gangsters 6  
Terrors of the Jungle: 7
Captain Aero 17, 23  
Blue Bolt 105,108 
Ghostly Weird Stories 123 
Spook: 27, 28, (29), ~30  
Suspense Comics 5

9 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

Any 3 on this list, but the Suspense 5 would complete my Cole cover run and the 2 at the top would complete my Cole romance covers so they are pretty high on my list.  Although the Terrors would finish my jungle covers and the Aero's would finish off the war covers....  decisions, decisions....      I'll lekely end up picking up whatever becomes available.  :devil:

Pop. Teen-Agers: 8  
True-To-Life Romances 7  
Criminals on the Run Vol.4 #3  
Guns Against Gangsters 6  
Terrors of the Jungle: 7
Captain Aero 17, 23  
Blue Bolt 105,108 
Ghostly Weird Stories 123 
Spook: 27, 28, (29), ~30  
Suspense Comics 5

:baiting:

=Cole-Guns6.jpg