• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2018 ?
4 4

110 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nearmint said:

I have nice copies of Batman #8, #9, and #11.  Guess I need to find a nice #10 in 2018.

Good luck on the 10, that was one of the harder copies for me to find with nice eye appeal.  So many of them have tanning on the side.  It was actually the last one I needed to finish the run.

In terms of Golden Age, I would like to pick up a couple of the following:

All Select 11

Famous Funnies 216

Superman 15

Action 36

Phantom Lady 17 or 23

I guarantee that I’ll be distracted by some other cool GGA cover...

I have struggled in choosing between Tec 168 or Cap 2 as my next pickup. The Joker is blazing hot right now and Caps 2-10 seem sorta cold right now. Maybe it’s time for a reversal.  I like that the Cap is a Hitler classic cover but I think Simon’s Captain America looks a little, well, dorky.

I’ve been a non DC guy, but maybe I’ll change that in 2018

GA: Nothing

SA: Hopefully a mid grade FF1 or a TOS 39 CGC 7.0 to CGC 8.0 (both would be even better)

ASM 1 in mid grade will likely be only for 2019 or 2020. But who knows if I can't find the proper FF1 of TOS39 and I find a really nice looking ASM 1 maybe that will be it for 2018 and the other two can wait till next year or the year after.

Edited by SC22

On 12/15/2017 at 11:38 AM, walclark said:

Like this one.

cap75.jpeg

Geeze I'd take that over a lower grade universal label any day of the week.

My collecting goal is to grab more GA classic covers. Top of the hit list are Web of Evil 5, Voodoo 8, War Comics 11, Teenage Dope Slaves (Harvey Comics Library 1), CSS 20, and Blue Bolt 114.  I also wouldn't mind another copy of Ghostly Weird 122.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

:whatthe:

Get your mind out of the gutter and back into the four colour world of comics sir.

I’m not sure I should expect more though from a poster going by “woowoo”.

Is that a first or last name?

That sounds like some of the noise coming from posters on RicksNeatStuff sales threads of T&A and bondage books. hm

6 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Get your mind out of the gutter and back into the four colour world of comics sir.

That sounds like some of the noise coming from posters on RicksNeatStuff sales threads of T&A and bondage books. hm

I resent the thought that I or my constituents add to any lewdness or lasciviousness in these hallowed halls. :devil:

6DF4EBE3-421B-4956-BD51-A64B14A74BBB.jpeg

B54B49AB-76AF-401F-AA92-3867AB35FA46.jpeg

11 hours ago, N e r V said:

That's Big Daddy Woo Woo to you sir. Funny your the only person with a Poster on his Sig line . :screwy: what NerV  (thumbsu

Edited by woowoo

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I am still having a Fantastic time and I am in this for the long play and fun of it all as it truly is my one of my highest joys. I just enjoy these old funny books so darn much. If I can't find anything I really want and is still underappreciated I am sure I will simply revert back to my old method for the year haha!! Either way I will have a great time participating, watching, learning, and talking to folks who share the same passion for this great hobby of ours!! 

As always Happy Holidays to everyone and Happy Hunting in the New year!!! See you out there, Gino

Happy Holidays Gino. Happy hunting for those great funny books best of luck.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

That's Big Daddy Woo Woo to you sir. Funny your the only person with a Poster on his Sig line . :screwy: what NerV  (thumbsu

I actually took the time to look you up. hm

From wiki: -_-

Woo Woo is an alcoholic beverage made of vodkapeach schnapps, and cranberry juice. It is typically served as a cocktail in a highball glass or can be served as a shot. It is also sometimes served in a rocks glass. The ingredients are usually shaken together with ice or stirred as preferred. A lime wedge is used as a garnish.

:martini:

Cheers then, lol 

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I actually took the time to look you up. hm

From wiki: -_-

Woo Woo is an alcoholic beverage made of vodkapeach schnapps, and cranberry juice. It is typically served as a cocktail in a highball glass or can be served as a shot. It is also sometimes served in a rocks glass. The ingredients are usually shaken together with ice or stirred as preferred. A lime wedge is used as a garnish.

:martini:

Cheers then, lol 

Wow you just made my day ^^ And you got me thinking a woowoo was a coocoo th.jpg.8ab80bfd54626070503413cc5e900094.jpgth.jpg.8ab80bfd54626070503413cc5e900094.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On 12/14/2017 at 8:09 PM, piper said:

In terms of Golden Age, I would like to pick up a couple of the following:

All Select 11

Famous Funnies 216

Superman 15

Action 36

Phantom Lady 17 or 23

I guarantee that I’ll be distracted by some other cool GGA cover...

Do you have all the other Frazetta Famous Funnies or is 216 one you like in particular?

Ken

2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Do you have all the other Frazetta Famous Funnies or is 216 one you like in particular?

Ken

I have 209 to 215 and need to find a mid grade copy to finish off the mini run. :bigsmile: