• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2018 ?
4 4

110 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

My specific goals are

1. Finally start submitting some stuff to CGC.  I say this every year but I really want to do it.  Big question is do I get my Batman 1 graded?  If someone has an idea what it would run me, shoot me a PM.

2.  Comics - I really want to upgrade my Batman 100.  I also want to pick up a copy of Batman 4 unrestored in 6.0 to 8.0 range.  Would love to add one classic Lou Fine cover to the collection as well.

3. Non Comic items - Mars Attack Cards, add at least 5 cards to the collection.  Prices have been going up on these.  I would love to snag one piece of OA, it has been a while since I picked up anything but I have focused on only buying something I truly love.

4.  Get my bourbon out of the barrels and into the bottles. 

:headbang:

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'll be happy with just an (1) upgrade and maybe a new addition to my run. Will also try finish my Classics Illustrated set (1-169) as well as I am missing a few issues and won't mind an upgrade here and there.

That is an AWESOME Tech #37 CGC 5.5 that you posted in another thread  Gotham, !!! and it even looks nicer than that !!

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Now that the last auction for 2017 is behind us, what are your goals for 2018? Any particular ish you'll be hoping for? Will it be more of a "buy" or "sell" year?

Hopes and dreams. Let's have them. :popcorn:

You must have the finest Tech collection in all of Portugal !!! (and Spain) !!

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

You must have the finest Tech collection in all of Portugal !!! (and Spain) !!

Actually, there is a collector from Spain that has a pretty nice collection, not only Detectives. All restored though. He is slowly selling them off to fund his son's doctoral studies.

Edited by Gotham Kid

My goals are actually not too hard i just need to save up some money for a HOM #2 and #3 to complete my 1-10 run , (i eventually want 1-20)

HOM 2 and 3 are readily available at all times it seems.

i need a couple more Sugar and Spikes to finish off my 1-20 run

and i am always looking for the "leave it to Binky's" that i need but they have been drying up...

20 minutes ago, woowoo said:

1939 Triumph Magazine 1st U.K. Superman I want to try a get a set but can't even find 1 for sale.

Copy of Action 2 and 7

Copy of Fantasy 15

that is the frustration and joy of collecting GA comics... they just are not readily available, one needs money AND more importantly... patience !!!

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

You don't need one of those Harold. The WHOLE world has a copy.

Ya your right. I have had over 50 copy's when they where 900 top guide just want one to have maybe hm. I tell you what Peter send me your Tec 28 and I will forget all abought Fantasy 15 :whistle:

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is the frustration and joy of collecting GA comics... they just are not readily available, one needs money AND more importantly... patience !!!

I don't have that or I would be a Doctor.

I prefer the Berk 7.0 copy to the HA 8.0 copy. And that one sold for 12.5K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-28-dc-1939-cgc-apparent-vf-80-moderate-p-off-white-pages/a/7166-91061.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by Gotham Kid

14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow I like the Berk as a 8.0 and the Heritage should have been a 7.0 :preach:

I bought quite a few books this year, so I don't expect to spend as much in 2018. I'll most likely save up my money and hope I can knock one of the "big" books off my want list, specifically Wonderworld 7 or Great 3