• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting Goals for 2018
4 4

86 posts in this topic

What are your collecting goals of 2018?

I would like to finish off my Batman run 250-713. Pick up at least one nice early GA Batman.  Reacquire Batman 121 and 181. Would also like to reacquire my POTF Ewok run. Would mind something for my vintage Vader focus also.  Some I know I will achieve some maybe not.

How about you guys?

My 2018 goal is to try complete my GA/SA Jughead run #1-100, SA Green Lantern #1-100 and few short runs. I am getting closer to end of them. I am going to unleash my zest limit to see that complete finished, my gloves are off!  :sumo:

... then I can move to my next goals to finish other series.  :nyah:

Finish my run of Iron Man 1-323 (and maybe fill the holes in the later volumes, since the renumbering back to the old numbers).  Need 1 issue (#47), so, it should be easily accomplished. Just need to find the right copy.  Then move onto Daredevil or Thor, I think.

So many goals this year. Since I finally have my own place again and all my books are out of storage. The last 3 months i have been putting everything in order. I want to go through all my common books which is 40ish long boxes and pull all doubles triples etc. And slim that down. Then with all my books in Mylar which is about 15 long boxes . I want to actually sell lots of under copies and books that I really just don't have an affection for to buy a big key or 2 and pay off most of my credit card debt. And probably most important is to get more reading done.  It feels like a long time has pasted since just enjoying some good reads.  

I have some small one's, like a decent grade IH 180, but other than that and attending a few con's, I'm relaxing as well. I'd like to make 2 decent over $500 purchases, but that might be it for a while.

:) 

Finish my XMen #94 - #150 raw run and finally read the classic Cockrum, Byrne and Claremont stories. 

Slab wise: Pick up a high grade XMen #4.

probably gonna sell what I collected thus far of a 9.8 WP Miller DD slab run (#158 - #191). Think this particular collecting goal was a bit of a mistake. 

Perhaps pick up a Miller DD era color guide for an entire issue. This goal keeps getting put on the back burner.

mostly try to get the nicest XMen #4 slab as my wife allows  

Edited by NoMan

2018 will be like 2017 in which I only bought six books all year...most expensive being an incomplete Cap #27 :shy:  In 2018 I plan to pay off a credit card, a personal loan, my car loan and my student loans...which doesn't leave much room for comics.  I have plenty of unread ones at home already though so I'm covered in that regard!