• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting Goals for 2018
4 4

86 posts in this topic

That Strange Tales 104 looks good! Just Marvel chips!

We will have to suppress our enthusiasm, tho. Speculators will think the book is hot and Paste Pot Pete is the next Thanos!

Edited by KirbyJack

On 12/10/2017 at 8:09 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Fill in gaps in my Walking Dead 1-50 (need 3,7,8,19,20,21,22,23 and a handful between 30-50)

Upgrade a few of my Neal Adams Bats

Find the nicest ASM 129 $500 can buy

Buy more hardcovers/Omnibus/Absolutes 

Update: 

i sold my Walking Dead books lol

Scored 3 nice upgrades for my Neal Bats :headbang:

Giving up on ASM 129 :cry: 

And definitely out did myself on buying more Omnis/Hardcovers :acclaim:

I also bought my first 1/3rd scale statue so that really made the year for me.

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Update: 

i sold my Walking Dead books lol

Scored 3 nice upgrades for my Neal Bats :headbang:

Giving up on ASM 129 :cry: 

And definitely out did myself on buying more Omnis/Hardcovers :acclaim:

I also bought my first 1/3rd scale statue so that really made the year for me.

Was the Detective #395 one of them? 

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:
38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was the Detective #395 one of them? 

Yes, even though it’s not my “goal grade” to have.

After they get into the 9's people sure do think a lot of them lol Hopefully, it'll stay reasonable in the future for those who want/need it :foryou: 

42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

After they get into the 9's people sure do think a lot of them lol Hopefully, it'll stay reasonable in the future for those who want/need it :foryou: 

Yea I know what you mean. I’m hoping there’s still a lot of raw copies out there waiting to be brought to market. 

20 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Yea I know what you mean. I’m hoping there’s still a lot of raw copies out there waiting to be brought to market. 

I don't know if it is my imagination, but it seems kin to Thor #168, either it is over looked, rare, or just doesn't come up for sale often... edit both are 1969-70 respectively...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I picked up very few books this year but I did snag one book on my list, Batman 54.  I have a raw copy but not real high grade so I was pretty happy to add the white pager

batman54.jpg

Wow! That baby is a stunner.(worship)

On another thread I said I was gonna complete uncanny xmen. I haven’t bought a single copy this year. I work away in the UK and every time I go to a town I google which shops are nearby and take a look. All I buy is DC Rebirth. Whether new or back issues. 

As a side note I’ve notices a lot of shops don’t do back issues anymore. In Coventry there is only the forbidden planet and they only do up to one month old issues. Considering it’s a city of £300k people including a couple of university’s it might be a business opportunity?

Complete my 9.4 run of X-men from 50-150 (so close). Finish my Warlock keys with an eye on trading up a few low/mid grade Thor 165's to get a sharper copy. Continue my NM run of Fangoria from issues 1-100 (way harder than you could ever imagine, they printed them on the worst paper). Upgrade a few of my lower number Famous Monsters and finish the few gaps in my high grade run of them. Hmmm... what else?... I'm currently fighting this incredible love for high grade Kirby covers from the mid to late 60's. Those Thors and FF covers just blow my mind but know the rabbit hole it'll take me down. Also-- stop buying every horror comic I can get my hands on. I have a problem and some form of 12 step program might be in order. (I took a break from comics for about 8 years and it hit me hard again this year, really loving being a collector again)

I did not post them earlier this year but I already accomplished my collecting goals. 

Picked up a great page of Spider-man OA.

Picked up a great page of GI Joe OA (Wound up picking up x2)

Upgraded a book in my AF15 to ASM 100 run.

Crossed another GA book off my bucket list (Superman 53) 

Sold enough stuff I didn't want anymore and put a hefty down payment on a car. 

I already know what the 2019 goals are...